Unbound Control linked to Word Document distorts font size

In my 2007 Access application running in Windows 7 Enterprise, I had an unbound control linked to a 2007 Word document. When the Word text (Times New Roman, 12 pt.) displayed in the unbound control, the font type and size remained the same with no delay. If I doubled clicked the control, the Word document opened within the control and I could edit the text. Now I am working with Access 2016 in Windows 10 and the same unbound control keeps the font, but dramatically increases the font size to something akin to 48 pt. The 2016 unbound control is linked in the exact same manner as the 2007 control. I have reviewed Options for both Access and Word and found nothing which might be impacting the font change. Another companion issue is the time for the Access 2016 unbound control to load. More often than not, WinWord pops up and locks trying to open and then searches for a resolution. Ultimately, I have to crash the Access application and reopen it.

Is there a solution to this?

Kevin

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Is there a reason you're loading the document into an unbound control rather than just opening the document to start with? if you have a 'safe' location for your documents (backup and user locations) you shouldn't have to worry about a file getting butchered. I don't understand why you'd load the entire text in a control on a form.

Quote Originally Posted by rpeare View Post
    Is there a reason you're loading the document into an unbound control rather than just opening the document to start with? if you have a 'safe' location for your documents (backup and user locations) you shouldn't have to worry about a file getting butchered. I don't understand why you'd load the entire text in a control on a form.
    Yes. I generate a weekly statistical performance report that includes a highlight box of two to five sentences. As italic formatting for some parts of the text is a requirement, I write the highlights in a Word document then display that in a unbound box on the first page of the six page report.

Kevin

My IT office pushed a routine Microsoft patch last night and the original issue with the font size change on the unbound control went away. This thread should be closed. Thanks to all.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.