pwelch is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Form with tabs has pages superimposed

Hi, I created 3 tabbed pages on a form. The data on each page is pulled from a query. When in form view, the first page looks fine, but click on the second and third tabs and the info from those pages superimpose over the first page. It appears correctly in design view. It seems like it worked fine at first and then started doing this, so I don't know if I inadvertently changed something. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it? Thank you!

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    With tab controls you need to add other controls to that page only. If not, it will add it to the main form and that is why you are seeing it on every page. Delete the control, make sure that the page is selected and then re-add the control. The page needs to show it is highlighted when adding the new control.

pwelch is offline Novice
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am not sure that this is the issue. I even deleted the pages and recreated them making sure that the tab pages were correctly selected. Still did the same thing. Also, when in the design view, the pages look correct. Or else I am not understanding what you mean. Thanks again for your help!!

pwelch is offline Novice
    Oh, also the controls on the two pages that show up on the first are subforms. Would this make a difference?

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you are adding controls to the new tabs by drag-and-drop, that doesn't work - it only looks (in design view) like it does. To move a control to a page tab, you have to use cut-and-paste. Cut it from the source area, select the tab, then paste. Then you can move it around on the tab as required.

pwelch is offline Novice
    Oh, that is what I was doing with the subforms. Ok, thanks for the guidance!!

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    No. Are you absolutely sure the controls are on the right layers?
    In this image, the orange border and the highlighted tab indicate that when I draw/drag a textbox within the border it should appear on one page only.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tabImage1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	28037
    and it does (take my word for it rather than me creating 2 more images that don't show the control on 2 other pages)

Name:	tabImage2.jpg 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	28038
    Here, the rightmost page seems to be selected but there is no outline around any part of the tab control. This textbox is actually sitting on top of the whole tab control. I know this because if I drag the tab control, the textbox goes with it. I'm saying it's also possible to replicate this design view by placing both controls on the form, one on top of the other. You would know if this is the case by moving the tab control and seeing if all the controls move with it.

Name:	tabImage3.jpg 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	28039
    This image shows the textbox is now on page 29 when in the image above it appears to be on page 31, but again, if I click on any other page, the textbox is there - because it's on the tab control and not a page.

Name:	tabImage4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	28040
    Last edited by Micron; 03-28-2017 at 11:57 AM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

pwelch is offline Novice
    Hi,
    Yes, I made sure the tab was highlighted and the orange box was there when I added the controls. Also, to make sure, I had the property sheet up and made sure the correct tab was in the header. I still can't seem to get it to work right. Even with recreating the subform within the highlighted sheet instead of dragging it. I thank you for your help.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    FWIW, I've not had success in cutting and pasting. Even with the correct selection made, pasting drops it onto the form. Dragging it there makes no difference. In the sample images, the selection was made, then I chose the desired control from the toolbox, then I drew it onto the page. That's how it works for me.

pwelch is offline Novice
    Hi,
    Thank you for your help. I was able to do as you described and it worked for regular controls, but for some reason it will not work with the subform, even if I use the control to create it. I have given up and moving to a new arrangement. Thank you again for your assistance. I did learn a lot.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.