Tonya Alcantar is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

About regulatory requirements

I don't know if my inquiry will fit here. I hope someone can relate about an ISO certification. We need to undergo a process or a period of transition in our business and we are looking for a compliance management software to help us with regulatory and reporting requirements. Any other good suggestions?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    there are plenty of systems out there but don't have any specific recommendations. I'm sure it is something that could be done in access - it's only managing/reporting performance against standards at the end of the day. Recommend you choose a system that meets your particular ISO requirements - they will be different for say automotive or medical compliance and where there is a commonality of 'purpose' the standards are likely to be different.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Depending on your meaning, you could be in for a lengthy search for something that 'does it all'. From my experience, you could be needing
    - document control with versioning and approval tracking
    - audit questions and results
    - nonconformance tracking and resolution
    - calibration and certification
    - records management
    - environmental aspects and impacts management

The likelihood that you'll find a one-fits-all solution that works within your business is very remote, IMHO. You might find that buying off the shelf solutions is best for some portions, and building your own db's for others. I think it's not something you want to assign to a db novice.
    Last edited by Micron; 03-28-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: grammar
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    there are plenty of systems out there but don't have any specific recommendations. I'm sure it is something that could be done in access - it's only managing/reporting performance against standards at the end of the day. Recommend you choose a system that meets your particular ISO requirements - they will be different for say automotive or medical compliance and where there is a commonality of 'purpose' the standards are likely to be different.
    You are right. There are different ISO requirements for everything and food safety requirements is completely different from say, health care equipment. A first time business owner can really get lost in all these requirements.

We were able to talk to someone with experience in getting an ISO certification. They recommended several compliance management software and verse is one of them. We are in the process of setting meetings with different companies. The work / search is slow, but I think in the long run, we are better of slow and safe that fast and penalized (several times)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.