Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Modiying a MS Access db's VBA code

In the VBA code example that I have attached to this post, a supervisor gets a email tech support request from some pc user. The supervisor selects a tech support help desk employee from a list

of all the names and email addresses for the help desk tech support employees. Once the tech support question is assigned, it is recorded in the table tblHelpDeskTicekts with ticket number and help desk employee.. It works, if fact it works quite well.

I am trying to modify the code to sent up a software system that can send meeting invitations to employees who may not be on the list of personnel initially designated for a certain meeting. In other words, if they were left off and a supervisor wants them to attend the meeting, the supervisor could then email them a meeting invitation. Now they are notified to attend the meeting. That new code was inspired or copied from the code in the file that I have attached to the post. The help desk ticket software.

There is a problem with this code, however; this is setup to send one help desk ticket to one tech support employee, record that as an email sent and that is it.

This code needs to be modified to allow a help desk ticket (or meeting invitation) to be sent to more that one tech support person (or organization employee). In my system more than one employee can be notified to attend a certain meeting. There is not a one-to-one relationship as shown in this attached VBA code; rather there is a one to many relationship: one supervisor to many employee invitations for a given meeting. Please note my specific instances are shown in parenthesis in the first sentence of this paragraph.

How can this code be modified to show or reflect that?

The table, blHelpDeskTicekts only allows for one-to-one relationship. One employee gets one ticket and it is then recorded. Finished.

In my case I want meeting invitation can be sent to several employees and possibly recorded in a similar way to it is now in tblHelpDeskTicekts. But obviously modifications must be made for my table. I am just not sure where to start.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I think that I know how to get this answer to this question started.

Instead of as in the tblHelpDeskTickets (in the example attached zipped file db) which has one check box for one ysn ticket and each employee, I have multiple meetings and multiple invitation. There must be more than one entry for each tech support employee, ie. the capability of having each employee getting several meeting invitations, not just one. That means subcategories for each tech support personnel listed with each subcategory indicating a meeting invitation and whether or not it was sent to them.

But how many subcategeories? I guess as many as are needed. It I not something that can be known in advance. This table is dynamic so to speak. I just do not know how to do this.

Even a simple website reference would be fine. I just need something that I can use.

I used the term categories and I think that is wrong. I should have said fields and subfields. That would be a more accurate term.

That is why I am asking for help.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed
    Last edited by Lou_Reed; 03-27-2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: correction

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.