AccessPower is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Exporting in word format to sharepoint

I am looking for an easy way to publish access data to sharepoint. Ideally I would like to have the data on the sharepoint pages linked to the access database (but actually appear like a website); however, I'm not sure that's possible. So i'm looking to export data programmatically to word format, then programatically have it loaded to sharepoint. Any suggestions?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    there's several different issues jumbled together and also it is not clear if your sharepoint is on premise or hosted in the cloud, and it is not clear if this is to be fully automated or involve the user

one can save/export a Report object as an rft Word file...and then can be moved to any folder including sharepoint

with Access 2016 one can link to SharePoint lists (they act like tables)

I will guess, but am not certain, that the Office Word merge feature - which can link a Word template to an Access table/query may be able also to link to a SharePoint list

AccessPower is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    I think the last option would be best. I'd like to have the actual database sitting inside the sharepoint site, then have the data on various sharepoint pages pull from the database. If this can be done with word mail-merge and be automatically updated, that would be ideal.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    A classic Access file .accdb can be held in a SharePoint site just like an Excel or Word file. Or - A classic Access file .accdb can be split, with the front end file on the user's PC and linking to data in a SharePoint list (held in a SharePoint site of course). While an Access web application can also/only be held at a SharePoint site. Classic and Web are 2 different type files - and building a web app has its own separate development method.

What a SharePoint Page can link to is a question for a SharePoint forum. One would guess it can link to SharePoint list, possibly to a classic Access table - and doubtful as to an Access web app table....but that's just my guess.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.