Forbes is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Last minute requests SOS

I am working with a 24 hour deadline here so help would be greatly appreciated, originally this project was thought to be complete but now that upper mgmt has had a chance to analyze it they have requests.

Please see attached:
    Attachment 27877

Everything on this project is running smoothly, essentially the employees can condition other employees for messing up and then the mgmt can use a seperate form to print the report every month.

Now the managers want the ability to print a report based off department reported as well not just off of which department did the reporting so lets say

Departments

D1= Garbage
    D2= Mail
    D3= Admin
    So originally the reports that work are: "see everyone that D1 reported", "see everyone D2 reported", "see everyone D3 reported".
    Now they want: "all reports against D1", "all reports against D2", "all reports against D3" as well

If you look in the attachment "reportadmin","reportgarbage", "reportmail" all work, I made an attempt at this prior to asking for help which you will see under "reportedgarbage"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Code:
    WHERE (((reports.condname)="d1_bob" Or (reports.condname)="d1_bill")) OR (((Year([timestamp]))=Year(Now())) AND ((Month([timestamp]))=Month(Now())))

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I have figured this out as I posted it, thanks xD

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I don't see a field in the employee table for the department code? How do you tell which dept they are in?

Unless I am missing something in the structure you have. You should consider something like:

tblDepartment - DepartmentID, DepartmentName, etc.
    tblEmployee: EmployeeID(Auto), EmpFName, EmpLName, DepartmentID.
    tblIssues: (IssueID(auto), IssueDesc(hit a deer, etc.)
    tblEmpIssues: EmpIssueID(Auto), EmployeeID, DeptIssued, IssueID, Notes (this table will have all the issues, then you can query it by Department linked from EmployeeID to tblDepartment or use the DeptIssued linked to tblDepartment to get who issued them, etc.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I used the literal and utter pain of inputting the names manually into the code and to fix the issue I was having I replaced an "Or" to an AND in regaurds to the timestamp and then realized my concatrelated feild on the report for bob had to be changed from [condemp] to [condname]

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I understand, sometimes you have to get a report out for bosses so do what you have to. But for long term, you might consider changing the table structures so that you don't have to scramble in the future to produce needed reports.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Yeah this was initial, my organization and planning needs some serious work! But I am new to the software essentially so any advice is much appreciated!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.