Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

You're jumping ahead of your skill level. Do yourself a favor and do the research first.
    Paul:amazes me that I can post the same solution a half hour after you and not see I've been beaten to the punch.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

timwcpumps is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Asking questions is both a part of increasing skill level and doing research. I'm continuing to go through articles and video tutorials, but sometimes those sources are more generic than my particular question.
    My sticking point now is that I have a list of PKs of records that meet my criteria, but I don't know how to take that information and pull from the first table.

sorry if I'm wrong, but I figured you didn't have the linking table created yet since the concept was just introduced to you. I also thought it would be best if you presented the updated schema rather than basing it on our made up stuff; i.e. better to use your table/field/query names. Basically, you'd create a query with all 3 tables, having equal joins from ModID_FK on tblModels.ModID and one from SpecID_FK to tblSpecs.SpecID (using my example) and include any fields required to present the data you need such as dates or descriptions from either table.

Ah, it works! I didn't realize you could pull from multiple sources on a query. (Thought it was strictly subsets of tables)

Thank you for your time!

If you think about it, that's why we call these relational databases. As long as you can create a path/route from one table to another the possibilities are practically unlimited; even if the records of one table don't seem to be related to another.

That totally makes sense. It's a new line of thinking for me but it's really intriguing, thanks for helping smooth out my understanding of the tools available!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.