Forbes is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Filter Report Data

I am struggling with a report I am working on.. well three technically. I have 3 departments where I work, all of them log employee errors monthly and at the end of the month we ship those reports. My report is fairly simple, it has the "error name" then the "amount of times it happened"(count) and the list of employees that were marked for that error using concatrelated().

All of the reports go to one database and a query filters the text boxes on the report to divide the departments all fields work accept the concatrelated, it does what it's supposed to and shows all the employees that received that error but it shows them from all departments. As of now the departments are separated because I told the query that so and so's name is in this department, however the concat related is not part of the query it is built into the text box... is there a way to specify within my concatrelated(), to show only employees conditioned by that department.

=ConcatRelated("[condname]","reports","[cond] = '" & [cond] & "'") is my statement so it pulls all of the employees hit for that condition

condname=employee conditioned
    cond= error name

is there a way to maybe simply add a Where clause and type in the names of the employees one at a time? I don't mind annoying work to make this work.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I tried this =ConcatRelated("[condname]","reports","[cond] = '" & [cond] & "'" And ((([Reports].[condemp])="Bob" Or ([Reports].[condemp])="Chris" Or ([Reports].[condemp])="Jessica")))

but I get the NAME#? error

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Can you give sample of your data before and what you want it to look like after?

=ConcatRelated("[condname]","reports","[cond] = '" & [cond] & "'" And ((([Reports].[condemp])="Bob" Or ([Reports].[condemp])="Chris" Or ([Reports].[condemp])="Jessica")))

Not sure if it will still work but I think you need to take out that one quote before the AND so should be & "' And

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Removing the " didn't work unfortunately I am going to change some of the data in my project for privacy issues and upload the db

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Attachment 27852

you can see that the garbagereport and the admin report have conditions for the same thing however the conditioned employees part shows employees from both reports if you open the reports in design view you can see my concat function

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    How about:

=ConcatRelated("[condname]","reports","[cond] = '" & [cond] & "' And ([condemp]='Bob' Or [condemp]='Chris' Or [condemp]='Jessica')")
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 10 Access 2016
    This seems to be working but I have encountered another issue in the same database now the Count function shows every ones numbers

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Disregaurd that last post that was my fault for putting another Or where and and should be Thanks Paul your a genius

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Never mind thanks again! haha

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Happy to help!
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.