groundhog is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Queries, Forms, Reports..

abcdefghij
    Last edited by groundhog; 07-07-2010 at 05:46 PM.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    I don't want to do your assignment, but here are the basic steps you should follow:

A form or a report can be based on either a table or a query; now for your item #4, Create a form, it does not specify whether the form has to be based on a query, so you can base the form on the table you created. If you use the form wizard, it will step you through the process. The form created will allow the user to see, modify, and enter information in your table. In Access 2007, highlight the table you created in the navigation pane, then go to create..form and pick the style of form (this is basically the wizard) you want from the icons that are there. I don't remember the exact icons since I don't have Access 2007 here at work. That should be pretty straight forward, but if you have questions please post back.

Regarding #5, it says to use the query you created for #3, so you have to do the query first. Go to Create--query wizard, select your table and then when the query design grid window opens select each field in your table by double clicking each field in the table (when you do this, each field will show up in the grid below where the table is displayed). Alternatively, you can select each field within the grid itself. Now looking at the grid, find your yes/no field. A yes/no field is also called a Boolean field. Then in the criteria row put in a -1. When a yes/no field is checked (for yes); its boolean value is -1. If the field is not checked (for no); its boolean value is zero (0). So if you put in -1 in the criteria for the yes/no field, the query will return all records that have the yes/no field checked. It will not show those where the yes/no field is not checked. You can view the results by switching to datasheet view (icon in the upper left corner allows you to change between views). If everything looks OK, you can now save the query (just close the query window and it will prompt you for a name). Now for the #5, highlight the query you just created in the navigation pane and then select Create report (use the report wizard). The wizard will create a basic report much like the form wizard did for your form of #4. You will have to open the report in design view to change the default header to something more descriptive as directed.

Hopefully this will help. You might find this tutorial site helpful as well.

groundhog is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Thank You very much. I am having a problem understanding the query bit though.

I want to create a query that will only display the data that say Yes in the Yes/No column. I am using Access 2007 and cannot seem to do what you recommended in your previous posts.

Please help!

Thanks

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    You can use an expression (a calculated field) in the query

IIF( youryesnofield=-1,"YES","NO")

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.