jonesy29847 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Looking for suggestions

Hello,

I am posting here because I can't decide which forum(s) I should use.

i am designing, and using Access as a business management tool, I have a service business, that requires tracking travel expenses, my time, and the ability to utilize and bill for other contractors. Task information, open issues, and expenses are entered directly into the database, and Field Service Reports, Invoices and Open Issue List reports can be generated.

I also need to track payments and credits, and this is where I am stuck. Since invoices are generated ad hoc, I have no way to track payments and account balances.

Therefore I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    even if your invoices are generated ad hoc (in reports i assume), the data should still be on your tables. you should be able to use those to query.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Yes, I can create an invoice at any time. In my mind I see a table of balances and payments, but I am not sure how to put it together. Putting it more succinctly, I need to bring in balance and payment information to the invoice, and I am unsure of the 'best' methodology.

Thanks

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Does this information exist? The balances and payments that is. If so, please provide details as in table names and field names. If not, can it be derived from already existing data? If so, again, please provide table names and field names and how it would be derived. If not, I'm not sure how to help you.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Not yet, I want to make sure I get it right the first time, so I am looking for suggested methods, from those who have been down this road.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.