WesHarding is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Subforms to refresh correct information in accordance to record clicked on parent form

Hi All,

I have a main for that contains a parent, and two child forms. The parent form is a datasheet style that can be filtered with a search box. There are two child forms to this parent form that have correlated data with the proper relationships. If I was to say for example search the name of the desired person, their name would be filtered and the corresponding data for them would appear on both of these child forms. However, I was the functionality that one can click a record in the data sheet (before they search anything), and the two child forms will update similarly to if they would have searched the name.

I know this is possible as I have done it before, but I can no longer remember what causes this function. To be clear I have linked primary and secondary key fields adequately between these forms.

Regards,

Wesley

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    normally the parent form is a single record and the child forms are linked to it and change automatically with the parent.
    i dont see how you do this with a datasheet parent.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.