NISMOJim is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Format date change and export in Office 2016?

I have a database I built many years ago that is using a date parameter form to get start and end dates for a report. In the report header is a box to show the month of the report (ex. "February 2016"). The control source for the box is =Format$([Date],"mmmm yyyy"). This has worked perfectly for years. Last week IT upgraded (?) my computer to Office/Access 2016. Now when I run the report, I get an "Enter Parameter Value" popup that says "Format$". I can just click "OK" to run the report, but this box in the header says "#Error". The rest of the report is ok. Has something changed with how Access formats dates?
    Also, when I try to export the report to Excel (which always worked fine in the past), I get this error message;

There was a problem referencing a property or method of the object
    You tried to run a visual basic procedure that references an object property or method.
    Try one or more of the following:

Make sure the component is properly registered.
    Make sure your computer is connected to the network server where the component is located.
    Close the component and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try again to run the procedure in Microsoft Access.

I have no idea what has gone wrong. Could it be something in the References section? I made sure that Microsoft Access 16.0 Object Library and Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object Library are checked, along with Microsoft Office 16.0 Access database engine object library. What am I missing?
    Thanks for your help.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Dates are dates in all versions. But the Format$ may be obsolete, use Format(date,...)
    if you get errors where there were none before, it can also be a broken reference or the property is incorrect.

in VBE, remove any 'missing' references. The upgrade may have done this.
    ctl-G (to get into VBE)
    vbe menu: Tools, References,
    find the checkmarked items MISSING, and uncheck them. then mark the new equivalents that got installed.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    in addition to 256's info - so I see [Date] which means you have a field named Date and that would be a reserved word...just fyi...may not be a big deal but Access is getting a little more picky about reserved words.... or are you attempting to call the PC's current date? in which case there should not be [ ] brackets.....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.