Or Is NULL in date peramiters

Code:
    SELECT TimesheetData.WeekEnding
    FROM StaffT INNER JOIN (PO_engineers INNER JOIN TimesheetData ON PO_engineers.PO_ID = TimesheetData.PO_ID) ON StaffT.Staff_ID = PO_engineers.Engineer_ID
    WHERE (((TimesheetData.WeekEnding) Between [forms]![TimesheetData]![datefrom] And [forms]![TimesheetData]![dateto] Or (TimesheetData.WeekEnding) Is Null));
    This is the SQL I'm using to show dates between a range. But when there are no dates in the associated text boxes I want it to show all. How would I go about this?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    may have got a bracket in the wrong place, but try this

WHERE (((TimesheetData.WeekEnding) Between [forms]![TimesheetData]![datefrom] And [forms]![TimesheetData]![dateto] Or (TimesheetData.WeekEnding) Is Null) OR ([forms]![TimesheetData]![datefrom] is null AND [forms]![TimesheetData]![dateto] is null));

Hi, with text the 'is null' function works for this situation. but with dates I had to use "or is not null". Seems strange to me unless im missing something.

Either way I have the dates I want now. Thanks.

II was mistaken, its always including all of them now. Let me try your suggestion.
    EDIT: still no joy. I may just give up and rely on the date input.

Code:
    SELECT TimesheetData.Invoiced, StaffT.Staff_Name, TimesheetData.Quantity_Expenses, TimesheetData.Quantity_Hours, TimesheetData.PO_ID, TimesheetData.ID, TimesheetData.Quantity_miles, TimesheetData.WeekEnding
    FROM (StaffT INNER JOIN PO_engineers ON StaffT.Staff_ID = PO_engineers.Engineer_ID) INNER JOIN TimesheetData ON PO_engineers.PO_ID = TimesheetData.PO_ID
    WHERE (((StaffT.Staff_Name) Like "*" & [Forms]![TimesheetData]![Combo19] & "*" Or (StaffT.Staff_Name) Is Null) AND ((TimesheetData.WeekEnding)>=[Forms]![TimesheetData]![datefrom] And (TimesheetData.WeekEnding)<=[forms]![TimesheetData]![dateto])) OR ((([Forms]![TimesheetData]![dateto]) Is Null)) OR ((([Forms]![TimesheetData]![datefrom]) Is Null));
    had to account for both boxes. Makes sense.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.