Heathey94 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Using submitted InfoPath forms to complete details in a table

Is it possible to use a Microsoft InfoPath form submitted online to complete a table? I have seen a few websites suggesting it can be used the other way around, but I can't see anything for data entry.

The form sends an email to a mailbox the user has access to and is then saved elsewhere, if that is any use.

Its possible yes. I know of other companies doing this.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    This product still exists but I'm not sure I would recommend investing in developing with it. A more simple excel template attachment would be very similar - or - a web page where users can enter via a browser.

InfoPath was invented before web technology was really mainstream and has some issues depending on the type of email system one is using. It is not deprecated but it probably is not the tool typically selected anymore. It has morphed somewhat into a web form in SharePoint I believe. The excel template approach is zero cost which is nice.

A web form could be Access or a low cost service such as Zoho - and then export the data out of zoho and into your Access application.

The forms are already built and in use, so I'd be looking to make as little changes to it as possible. Our forms are accessed via SharePoint so maybe we're using the Web Form?

If you could provide any assistance to allow me to get this to happen (from step by step instructions to providing a link to somewhere it is talked about) I'd be most grateful.

info path can be used online also. But I would recommend using sharepoint. available with office 365 business premium and above. it can link directly to your database.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    well you probably want to take this to an InfoPath forum. My guess is that if they already exist as part of a SharePoint solution then their data is going into a SharePoint List. One can connect an Access front end to a SharePoint list the same as to a table.

Yeah, I've just managed to speak to the person who edits the form and we came to the conclusion that since InfoPath appears to have options similar to onClick of a button in a form in access, which is how the forms are emailed to us, It probably is part of the InfoPath side of things and their forum may be my best bit option.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.