gutenberg is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Missing text on a report when database was moved to a new location (laptop)

When I copied, and pasted a MS Access database from my desktop (running MS Access 2016) to my laptop (running MS Access 2007) I ran my report. When access generated the report everything that was supposed to be generated on the report was there except for one text box labeled =[QuoteName]. I am using a split database with linked tables. When I run this report on my desktop it functions properly. Therefore, I do not think there is a problem with the queries, macros or embedded code because it functions fine on my desktop. Does this issue have to do with a connection problem or is this a conflict between the 2 versions of MS Access or something else?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MS Access F - 1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	27499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MS Access F - 2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	27500

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    2007 is the version that everyone keeps away from as much as possible, it wasn't Microsoft's best. Maybe delete the textbox and recreate it, I assume that field is on the record source?

Here is the record source and the related query is bold:

SELECT Q_QuoteHeader.T_OrderHeader.StmtNu AS StmtNum, Q_QuoteHeader.T_OrderHeader.OverrideBillDates AS OV, Q_QuoteHeader.Warning, PurchaseQuoteDtl.Pkg, IIf([Ptype]="PN","PNCCP","CCP") AS PkgCode, Q_QuoteHeader.T_OrderHeader.IsContract, Q_QuoteHeader.PackageName, Q_QuoteHeader.VNo, Q_QuoteHeader.Customer, Q_QuoteHeader.PerStudent, Q_QuoteHeader.BillTotal, Q_QuoteHeader.Format, Q_QuoteHeader.PackageN, Q_QuoteHeader.[Program Type] AS PType, Q_QuoteHeader.Billing, Q_QuoteHeader.InvoiceTiming, Q_QuoteHeader.PaidBy, Q_QuoteHeader.Terms, Q_QuoteHeader.T_OrderHeader.OrderNu AS OrderNu, Q_QuoteHeader.DropDate, Q_QuoteHeader.IncludeSummer, Q_QuoteHeader.GradClassSeason, Q_QuoteHeader.GradClassYear, Q_QuoteHeader.Cohort, Q_QuoteHeader.QuoteDate, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem1, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem2, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem3, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem4, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem5, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem6, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem7, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem8, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem1Bill, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem2Bill, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem3Bill, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem4Bill, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem5Bill, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem6Bill, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem7Bill, Q_QuoteHeader.Sem8Bill, Q_QuoteHeader.ValidUntil, Q_QuoteHeader.[Account Name], Q_QuoteHeader.[Primary Contact], Q_QuoteHeader.Phone, Q_QuoteHeader.[Street Name], Q_QuoteHeader.City, Q_QuoteHeader.St, Q_QuoteHeader.Zip, Q_QuoteHeader.Class, PurchaseQuoteDtl.CatGrId, PurchaseQuoteDtl.CatGroup, PurchaseQuoteDtl.ViewOrder, PurchaseQuoteDtl.[Program Type], PurchaseQuoteDtl.Catagory, PurchaseQuoteDtl.PrintOrder, PurchaseQuoteDtl.Code, PurchaseQuoteDtl.Sem, PurchaseQuoteDtl.Desc2, PurchaseQuoteDtl.CtExam, PurchaseQuoteDtl.CtSpTest, PurchaseQuoteDtl.CtMbTest, PurchaseQuoteDtl.TestDate, PurchaseQuoteDtl.TestDate2, PurchaseQuoteDtl.[Course Info], Q_QuoteHeader.Special, Q_QuoteHeader.PrintType, Q_QuoteHeader.QuoteNo, IIf([PrintOrder]=1,"ISBN: " & [Course Info],IIf([PrintOrder]=6,"Course Info: " & [Course Info],"")) AS Other, Q_QuoteHeader.CourseRecp, Q_QuoteHeader.ACCodeRecp, Q_QuoteHeader.ACCodeEmail, Q_QuoteHeader.ACCodePhone, Q_QuoteHeader.ACCodeRecp2, Q_QuoteHeader.ACCodeEmail2, Q_QuoteHeader.ACCodePhone2, Q_QuoteHeader.ITContact, Q_QuoteHeader.ITEmail, Q_QuoteHeader.ITPhone, Q_QuoteHeader.SumRptRecp, Q_QuoteHeader.RptEmail, Q_QuoteHeader.RSC_Name, Q_QuoteHeader.RSC_Phone, Q_QuoteHeader.RSC_UserID, Q_QuoteHeader.CSR_Name, Q_QuoteHeader.CSR_Phone, Q_QuoteHeader.[SALES REP], Q_QuoteHeader.[PHONE], Q_QuoteHeader.QuoteName, Q_QuoteHeader.TSem1, Q_QuoteHeader.TSem2, Q_QuoteHeader.TSem3, Q_QuoteHeader.TSem4, Q_QuoteHeader.TSem5, Q_QuoteHeader.TSem6, Q_QuoteHeader.TSem7, Q_QuoteHeader.TSem8, PurchaseQuoteDtl.CodeForInv, PurchaseQuoteDtl.LineNote, Q_QuoteHeader.Begin, Q_QuoteHeader.Grad, Q_QuoteHeader.ReviewInLastSem, Q_QuoteHeader.eCommerse, Q_QuoteHeader.Start1, Q_QuoteHeader.Start2, Q_QuoteHeader.Start3, Q_QuoteHeader.Start4, Q_QuoteHeader.Start5, Q_QuoteHeader.Start6, Q_QuoteHeader.Start7, Q_QuoteHeader.Start8, Q_QuoteHeader.Drop1, Q_QuoteHeader.Drop2, Q_QuoteHeader.Drop3, Q_QuoteHeader.Drop4, Q_QuoteHeader.Drop5, Q_QuoteHeader.Drop6, Q_QuoteHeader.Drop7, Q_QuoteHeader.Drop8, Q_QuoteHeader.SN, Q_QuoteHeader.SNPct, Q_QuoteHeader.Note, Q_QuoteHeader.[Type of Package], Q_QuoteHeader.GraduationDate, Q_QuoteHeader.SchoolType, PurchaseQuoteDtl.V1SplitDel, PurchaseQuoteDtl.V2SplitDel, Q_QuoteHeader.ReviewTotal, IIf(IsNull([LineNote])=True,[Desc2],[Desc2] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [LineNote]) AS LineA, IIf([Split]=-1,IIf(IsNull([V1SplitDel])=True,[V2SplitDel],[V1SplitDel] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [V2SplitDel])) AS LineB, PurchaseQuoteDtl.V1SecondDate, PurchaseQuoteDtl.V2SecondDate, PurchaseQuoteDtl.Split, IIf(IsDate([V1SecondDate])=True,Format([TestDate],"mm/dd/yyyy") & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Format([V1SecondDate],"mm/dd/yyyy"),Format([TestDate],"mm/dd/yyyy")) AS DateA, IIf(IsDate([V2SecondDate])=True,Format([TestDate2],"mm/dd/yyyy") & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Format([V2SecondDate],"mm/dd/yyyy"),Format([TestDate2],"mm/dd/yyyy")) AS DateB, Q_QuoteHeader.T_OrderHeader.UseMoYr, Q_QuoteHeader.T_OrderHeader.IsEA AS IsEA, Q_QuoteHeader.RevisionNote, Q_QuoteHeader.FootNote, Q_QuoteHeader.RevisionNote FROM Q_QuoteHeader LEFT JOIN PurchaseQuoteDtl ON Q_QuoteHeader.ClassType = PurchaseQuoteDtl.SQId ORDER BY PurchaseQuoteDtl.CatGrId, PurchaseQuoteDtl.ViewOrder, PurchaseQuoteDtl.Sem, PurchaseQuoteDtl.Desc2;

Hard to tell what is going on with the report. There is obviously some change between the versions, maybe to do with grouping/sorting. Move that field to the detail section and see if it is being displayed. Play around with things, maybe reproduce the report from a blank report and maybe the reason will show up.

If you solve this please post your findings, it will help others. Also, feel free to post your db, we all have different versions and could help you to troubleshoot it.

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I recently had a report developed in Access 2016 that would not run properly in AC2007. Threw an error stating that AC2010 or later was required.
    That report was created in AC2016 by simply highlighting the query and clicking Create Report on the ribbon. I Cleaned it up and emailed the FE to a client. Out of 7 reports this one would not run.
    I recreated the report using the Report Wizard in AC2016. Cleaned it up and emailed the FE to the client. All was well.

The upgrade to 2016 did work. I think it worked because it is a split database and the tables on the back end are using the AC2016 version and the laptops were using AC2010 on the front end. So now they are all on the same page.

I did not create the database I am using; it is quite extensive. It has confidential information on it so I don't think I can post it on here plus it is really large.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Did you try just opening the query "Q_QuoteHeader" to see if there was data returned for the field "QuoteName"??

If that works, open the query in Post #3 (not the report) and check if there is data in the field "QuoteName".
    If data IS returned, the problem is probably in the report.
    If no data in the field "QuoteName" the problem is probably with the query.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.