Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    well now I'm total confused - so why, in your original database do you have numbers like 261, 20, 4?

Accessnewbie008 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    well now I'm total confused - so why, in your original database do you have numbers like 261, 20, 4?
    Ajax the numbers with 2 nd 1 digits you should ignore I have imported the data and some digits went loss....sorryonly numbers that should apply is 3 digits. So sorry for the confusion (I will delete all the numbers with 1 and 2 digits only...Thanks for your help

perhaps you can explain the rules of pick3 - when I asked for clarification the example I described was for a lottery ticket where typically you choose 3 numbers between 1 and say 59 and a winning ticket has those three numbers, but doesn't matter in which order the numbers are drawn. You seem to be saying you choose 3 numbers between 0 and 9 and the order of the draw does matter.

Hi Ajax

Well basically pick 3 you have different options when matching I will explain it quickly

Straight Pick: A straight win is what it says Numbers need to be perfect .......Winning nr 460 so if I chose straight and I played 604 its a losing ticket in the straight option.....it need to be in the exact same position 460 for a win

3Way Mix: A 3 way mix is when one of the 3 numbers chosen is repeated eg 112 There are three possible combinations for winning Example 112 or 121 & 211

6Way Mix: A Six Way mix is when each of the three numbers are Unique eg 123.There are six possible combinations for winning Example 123 & 132 & 213 & 231& 321 & 312

But for my question I will be very happy for a check on straight position.....the 3way Mix and 6 way Mix is only a bonus....I normally choose and only play 6 combinations straight.

Hope this explains it a bit better .....You also get a front pair back pair and split pair.....but I wont explain this for the scope of the question If the query can check for a straight win that will be superb

Your question depends on what option I choosed to play on the ticket....I normally only play Straight

still trying understand how you pick numbers - do you pick '460' or do you pick '4' and a '6' and a '0'? and if the former, can you pick '046' or is the first digit always between 1 and 9?

with regards 3 way mix, to clarify, it would appear two of the digits need to be the same - does this have to be only the first 2 digits e.g. 112, or can you chose 121 or 211?

subject to clarification my solution will match any of the three basis - just doesn't say which one. For straight mix only you would simply do a join on the whole number

still trying understand how you pick numbers - do you pick '460' or do you pick '4' and a '6' and a '0'? and if the former, can you pick '046' or is the first digit always between 1 and 9?

with regards 3 way mix, to clarify, it would appear two of the digits need to be the same - does this have to be only the first 2 digits e.g. 112, or can you chose 121 or 211?

subject to clarification my solution will match any of the three basis - just doesn't say which one. For straight mix only you would simply do a join on the whole number
    Just 460......The data I only get from Excel. No the forst digit can be from 1 and 0.......051 example is also valid.Pick 3 is basicaly choose 3 numbers from 1 and 0.So 0 is also a valid number

3Way mix no there is no restriction to first digit thats totally acceptable as long as there is number being repeated.

Fabulous Ajax sound great I am sure you can do it with your eyes close you have the skills......unlike me I am not clued up on database design but I am willing to learn. If I may only ask you a question so will this allow to test back with other words backtesting? For instance can I check 2 February if there was a winning ticket or does it allow to only check your current draw ? Hope you can clarify that for me....Thanks once again for your help

Ajax sorry did you get my last message ? Thks

Sorry - busy with paying clients at the moment.

Answer is it returns all, not just current draw. If you want to only do current draw you would apply a filter

Sorry - busy with paying clients at the moment.

Answer is it returns all, not just current draw. If you want to only do current draw you would apply a filter
    No daily tickets will be checked on drawnr/date.....if the winning nr 460 your 70 choices for the day must be checked on winning nr only.

if the winning nr 460 your 70 choices for the day must be checked on winning nr only.
    my understanding from your description of a draw is that it consists of a single number e.g. 460 to which my answer is if you want to only do current draw you would apply a filter. I presume I don't have to say you need to enter it into the tableI have provided you with a basis for a solution, you need to apply it and modify it to meet your requirements.

my understanding from your description of a draw is that it consists of a single number e.g. 460 to which my answer is if you want to only do current draw you would apply a filter. I presume I don't have to say you need to enter it into the tableI have provided you with a basis for a solution, you need to apply it and modify it to meet your requirements.

You gave me no feedback on the changes I uploaded Ajax......Its not working if you go check my response...Thanks I am still looking for a working solution

So far as I can see, you have changed the clarity data to single digit numbers e.g. 2 6 2 for draw1, but have left your copy numbers as 21, 413, 499 etc. so there are no matches. 21 is not a valid number (only 2 digits) and 413 should be split, in the same way as the clarity data i.e. 4 1 3 for numbers, numbers2 and numbers3 respectively. 499 would be in a different row.

Please note I am assuming that the claritydata table contains the draw numbers and copy contains the ticket numbers

orange is offline Moderator
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Accessnewbie008,

Just an observation--- we are 42 posts into this thread and still unclear of the requirement and process.

A clear example of inputs and expected outputs; and a description in simple terms please.

Good luck

So far as I can see, you have changed the clarity data to single digit numbers e.g. 2 6 2 for draw1, but have left your copy numbers as 21, 413, 499 etc. so there are no matches. 21 is not a valid number (only 2 digits) and 413 should be split, in the same way as the clarity data i.e. 4 1 3 for numbers, numbers2 and numbers3 respectively. 499 would be in a different row.

Please note I am assuming that the claritydata table contains the draw numbers and copy contains the ticket numbers
    Thats correct Ajax....Copy contains the tickets. The Clarity table have the results in it. I am still a bit confused because if I import data all the existing data and that will be mixed...shouldnt there be a date that todays data will be copied into todays date? If all the data goes into Numbers Numbers Numbers3 then thats a disaster...sorry I am clued up I am trying to unnderstand the logic as the Copy Database dont have a sub folder for a date field....the solution you gave is only for a current draw the way I understand it. Thanks once again I am just not understanding the logic behind this. Every draw should do a lookup on the new draws tickets and not all the combined tickets

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Accessnewbie008,

Just an observation--- we are 42 posts into this thread and still unclear of the requirement and process.

A clear example of inputs and expected outputs; and a description in simple terms please.

Good luck
    Hi Orange

Yes I hear yyou but I am not understanding the method he proposed as I am trying to understand it. If I upload results for today there is no date in the copy database...my logic there should be a date field so 70 tickets gets copied into the date...I hope Ajax can perhaps just explain it to me maybe I am missing the logic. I appreciate the help just difficult as I dont fully understand the logic to the solution. Thank you Orange...PS I am a absolute noobie on databases

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.