Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Sorry didn't catch your post, skimmed over them all. So Accessnewbie, read what Ajax posted and do what he stated in adding to your table and running that query.

Accessnewbie008 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulzie View Post
    Sorry didn't catch your post, skimmed over them all. So Accessnewbie, read what Ajax posted and do what he stated in adding to your table and running that query.
    Hi thank you for your reply.......I have redone the whole table adding Nr1 Nr2 Nr3 in the same database......one thing I dont understand DrawID is the key and will be checked on B4.....I have added B4 so that instead of having B1 B2 B3 I will only have B4 that will be checked on Numbers Numbers2 and Numbers3.....The reason to make it easier if B4 have a value of 650 then the 650 (One Cell) instead of B1(6) B2(5) B3(0) will be checked on Numbers Numbers2 Numbers3. Is this correct ? I need help to get the query setup though I have no clue how to do the query.....So please point me in the right direction please I am totally lost dont know how to setup the query

P.S I have also decided to make it easier B4 Value must be identical to Numbers in Numbers Numbers2 Numbers3 for a match..I am sure its more tricky the way Ajax said of a matching ticket 5 3 0 and 3 5 0......so it must be a straight forward Query to see if there is a match(Identical)......530 must be 530 -Thank you for your help Ajax and Bulzie!

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    if you want an identical match you would join all three numbers in your query

the problem with your B4 solution is

14..5...6=1456
    1...45..6=1456

as far as tricky is concerned - all you had to do was follow my instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    if you want an identical match you would join all three numbers in your query

the problem with your B4 solution is

14..5...6=1456
    1...45..6=1456

as far as tricky is concerned - all you had to do was follow my instructions
    Hallo Ajax thanks for your advice.....wont a one cell exact match wont that be easier than having 3 cells ? Both are correct ......I have nO IDEA how to setup the query you said......sorry just honest as I dont have the access skills yet..... I will upload the new database......if its needed. Thank you

Will it be better to have only 1 database than setting up links to another database......One thing only......remember Number Numbers2 Numbers3 will have allot of entries.....+- 80.....30 in Numbers 30 in Numbers2 and 20 in Numbers3 and thats ONLY for 1 draw.....

wont a one cell exact match wont that be easier than having 3 cells ?
    simply, no, not if you want the right answer

I have nO IDEA how to setup the query you said
    you know how to make a table, just add the fields I suggest. For the query, open a new query, click on the SQL button top left of the ribbon or bottom right of the window. Copy and paste the code I provided.

simply, no, not if you want the right answer

you know how to make a table, just add the fields I suggest. For the query, open a new query, click on the SQL button top left of the ribbon or bottom right of the window. Copy and paste the code I provided.
    Thank you Ajax......going to try again and report back......I presume this will apply to the database I uploaded ? Sorry I did not realize that was code.......Big noobie me appologies

You can use what is called a Cartesian query - i.e. no joins

I've added a primary key (called ticketPK, autonumber) to your copy table (I'm assuming these are your tickets), and made the Draw field the primary key for your clarity table.

If you do the same, you should just be able to copy and paste this query

I presume your data isn't real - there are blanks and repeat numbers
    Post 6 had no attachments ???? Confused

This prompts for TicketPK????......is that the drawID now ? What should I enter ? Sorry getting there slowly Thanks Ajax. It took the code........SQL

I have added the TicketPK in Copy as autonumber.......made Draw the primery key in Claritydata as per your post6.If I click on query now nothing happens

This prompts for TicketPK????......is that the drawID now ?
    I said

I've added a primary key (called ticketPK, autonumber) to your copy table (I'm assuming these are your tickets)

, and made the Draw field the primary key for your clarity table.

I don't see a DrawID field

Sorry I lost you completely now .........Each draw will have 70 tickets......there is 65 draws.......ticketPk only 51. If I want to add data for draw 65.......the ticketpk is not 65. Sorry this is confusing the $#$@$ out of me now I dont understand a thing

I will upload the database.....made those changes but I dont understand the logic behind this now sadly

Every day 70 numbers will be uploaded for 1 draw and drawdate.....Will this allow backtesting? What if I want to see if Draw 60 had winners? shouldnt the numbers be linked to draw/date How will ticketPK know its for which day ? Every day 70 tickets must be stored which can allow backtesting.So this only allow testing for the current draw ?

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Just curious as I know Ajax is helping you but I don't get the 70 numbers for 1 draw thing. Isn't pick 3 game where you select 3 numbers between 0-9 and if you have those numbers it you win? They do this 4 times a day right? So each time they pick the numbers, you are buying 70 tickets to try to win? And you want to see if those 70 match the numbers picked each time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulzie View Post
    Just curious as I know Ajax is helping you but I don't get the 70 numbers for 1 draw thing. Isn't pick 3 game where you select 3 numbers between 0-9 and if you have those numbers it you win? They do this 4 times a day right? So each time they pick the numbers, you are buying 70 tickets to try to win? And you want to see if those 70 match the numbers picked each time?
    Thats correct Bulzie ......high odds and no I dont buy 70 tickets luckily.......its up to you to choose which you going with.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.