cirix20 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Database help needed

I have made a few databases with queries so that is where my knowledge is creating forms and queries.

I have a project im trying to accomplish in access.

I have data that I can import into a table daily. Table consists of Location Name, Date, Store #

I want to be able to create a form that will have location name in a drop down, I want it to randomize a day of the week based on dates in the table and location name. it needs to evenly choose Mondays-Fridays though the year so that at the end of the year it will have chosen an even number of days of the week. if that makes since.
    I want another form to where someone can enter a store number and it show green or red. Green means not in the table of Stores and red means already listed.

my issue is I can make queries and forms from tables but don't know where to start on the randomizer and how to do the form to show green or red

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Give examples of your tables with fieldnames and sample data so others can possibly help with your request.

"I want another form to where someone can enter a store number and it show green or red. Green means not in the table of Stores and red means already listed." You could just create a combo box of these store numbers in the table so if it is in the pull down list, then it is there. If not there, you can let them enter it and then use code to add it to the table.

cirix20 is offline Novice

update to post

Quote Originally Posted by cirix20 View Post
    I have made a few databases with queries so that is where my knowledge is creating forms and queries.

I have a project im trying to accomplish in access.

I have data that I can import into a table daily. Actual Table consists of Location Name Date Store

I want to be able to create a form that will have location name in a drop down, I want it to randomize a day of the week based on dates in the table and location name. it needs to evenly choose Mondays-Fridays though the year so that at the end of the year it will have chosen an even number of days of the week. if that makes since.
    I want another form to where someone can enter a store number and it show green or red. Green means not in the table of Stores and red means already listed.

my issue is I can make queries and forms from tables but don't know where to start on the randomizer and how to do the form to show green or red
    Actual Table consists of (Field 1)Location Name (Field 2)Date (Field3)Store

Bulzie is offline VIP
    sample data so others can possibly help with your request
    Most would not want to waste time by guessing. Will you always have every weekday of the week for a location starting from Jan 1 of the current year or can they skip? Can you have more then 1 store number in location? What does your data look like? Something like below? If not give a sample.

LocA, 1/1/2016, 111
    LocA, 1/2/2016, 111
    LocB, 1/1/2016, 222
    LocC, 1/1/2016, 333
    LocA, 1/3/2016, 111

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.