banpreet is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Field in table that stores two values for retrival

Hi guys,

I have a combo box linked to a table depending on what they chooses sends email to different people. Depending on what they choose, the combo box can send an email to one person or two. At work when we log in we use clock numbers so the combo box sends the email to the two people, but it only retrieves one clock number. The point is that we access the database each person has a queue that allows them to go in the form and approve it. This works good because one person will get it but if the user chooses a value in the combo box that has two people, they will get the email, how do I get that both values of clock number go under the field so when they both access the database it goes in both their approval queues. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks!

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Any use? Could be called from the change event on the combo box

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...within-1-query

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

banpreet is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    well I have table util_model with fields such as "Model_name", "Name", "Email", "Clock Number". since two emails can be linked to the model name, I am trying to say is how to get two values in the clock numbers field. Thanks! When person picks a model with one email, theirs one value under clock number so it goes in their queue, how do I get it to store two values under the field so they both get in their queues. Thanks

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    how to get two values in the clock numbers field.
    If you mean 2 or more values in the same table field, the answer is 'forget that'. It's too complicated, especially for what you're doing. I'm afraid after reading your posts more than twice, it's still a bit confusing as to what exactly you have or are trying to do (the terms or descriptions you use are my problem).
    What I think you ought to be doing is creating a recordset of people that need to get the email and looping through it, either sending one email to all the recipients that the query returns, or putting all of the names in the To field of a single email.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.