Andre Labuschagne is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Tables Hidden

Hi All

I have an Access Mdb database that is not displaying the Tables in the navigation panel. It is password protected. I do have the password and can access the database but cannot see the tables. I can see them from any third part SQL tool but not from within Access. I can even see them using ODBC. I have followed the steps to change the navigation options. I have selected Show Hidden Objects for Tables and Related Views, Object Types and Custom. The funny thing is that the system tables do display. I am really new to this. Is there anything I am missing here?

This is Access 2013.

Quite desperate.

Cheers
    Andre

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    What version of Access is this from, do you know? Access 2013 is supposed to be able to handle 2003 quite happily, but not any of the others. Can you create a new database (accdb) and import all the tables?

Hi

I cannot change the db from mdb. It is not our database. We are simply dumping data into this. I am going to try and create an mdb and then import the data and see what happens. We have the app that is working with this database as well. Hopefully it will not upset any of their settings. I will report back here.

Cheers
    Andre

Hi
    The format is 2000 format. I can of course import but can only see the system tables. All the other tables are hidden. This is very weird indeed.

Any other ideas?

Cheers
    Andre

You say you can import but they don't get imported? You have version problems, I am convinced! If you can see them from other tools, then can you create queries that will copy the data into your new database? An append query pointing from db A to db B.

I am saying that when importing I cannot even see them to select them. This is the problem. I cannot see them when using any part of Access, importing or Navigation Panel. Seems like a real bug to me. Unless I am missing something obvious.

Seems like a real bug to me
    See post #2

I cannot see them when using any part of Access
    See post #1,5

I have got some VBA code now from elsewhere but I have no idea how to use it. I am giving up on this now. Does anyone actually use Access for anything serious? Just wondering.....

jwhite is offline Competent Performer
    You are receiving assistance on the "elsewhere" forum at http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/ind...ic=2041616&hl=.

As for your latter question, absolutely. It is not a toy as your words seems to imply.

I have managed to get quite a lot of source code on this and have managed to now run something. I am however getting an error when I run it:

Application.SetHiddenAttribute acTable, "Learner_Info", False

That returns an error 2016 and then says "You can't modify the attribute of system tables" - this as far as I am aware is not a System table - it was created by the person who created the database. Is it possible that they can assign it a system table status?

jwhite is offline Competent Performer
    You are not using the suggestion given to you "elsewhere": http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/ind...post&p=2630418

I did actually use that code - there were no errors and no tables appeared. I guess because all these tables have somehow or other been given system status and they would have been skipped.

How is possible for MS to produce a tool where the database has a password but the objects are invisible to anyone and everyone? There has to be a trick somewhere. Hence my asking about its usability.

Sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Labuschagne View Post
    I did actually use that code - there were no errors and no tables appeared. I guess because all these tables have somehow or other been given system status and they would have been skipped.

How is possible for MS to produce a tool where the database has a password but the objects are invisible to anyone and everyone? There has to be a trick somewhere. Hence my asking about its usability.
    The problem has been sorted - we had code written for us that will sort this going forward. It appears that the tables were set as system - I am still getting the details - but all sorted. Thanks to everyone who contributed and tried to help.

Cheers
    Andre

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.