f15e is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Report Grouping

I am fairly new to the reports side of access. I hope I can explain my issue clearly. So what I am trying to do is group information into 3 separate groups as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Grouping 1:

Grouped by a specific field in my table named "LOAD-OUT", then by field AREA, and then by DISCIPLINE

Grouping 2:
    When the 1st group has completed I want to start a 2nd grouping as follows:
    Grouped by a specific field in my table named "TRANSPORT", then by field AREA, and then by DISCIPLINE

Grouping 3:
    When the 2nd group has completed I want to start a 2nd grouping as follows:
    Grouped by a specific field in my table named "LIFT", then by field AREA, and then by DISCIPLINE
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am have successfully, for the most part, gotten the 1st Group to work but then I need to repeat the process for the 2nd and 3rd grouping. I have provided an attachment to help show what I'm after.Report.pdf

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    IF you mean , group3 inside group2 inside group1, you cant.
    grp1 already uses area, discipline, so you cant make another group2 inside with area, discipline again.
    so
    you could use subreports,
    subRpt grp3 inside subRpt grp2 inside grp1

f15e is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    No that's not exactly what I mean. I you look at the attachment I provided, let's call that a complete group. On page 3, I want to start a new group that shows the exact same type of information except instead of it showing the LOAD-OUT data, this time it would be using the TRANSPORT data, then LIFT data. See updated attachment. See pages 3 and 5 where the new groupings start. Don't pay attention to the actual data. I copied pages 1 and 2 and changed the group heading to hopefully clear things up. So as seen, I am not placing groups inside of each other, I just want to start a completely new grouping using data from the TRANSPORT field in my table and then the LIFT field. I hope this helps.
    Report.pdf

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    What it seems is that you want three different reports - each one with its own way of displaying the data. Reports can't keep starting themselves again from the beginning. Either you must have three separate reports or else make each one its own subreport.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.