vuyiswamb is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

MS Access Page Footer to continue on Separate Reports

Good Day all

i have 9 Microsoft Access Reports , reason why i separated the reports is that when i want to convert the report to PDF does not bring all the data, so i split the report into 75000 each report and when i convert it to PDF its working. So each report has its Query and a table. So the first report will start from Page 1 - page 75000. The second Report has also another 75000 records. now i want the Paging of the First report to continue on the second report. So this means Report 2 must start at Page "75001" and continue and also report 3 must continue . is this possible in MS Access?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    That is a big pdf. The only way I think you could make it work is to have some vba code to set the page number in an unbound control to run in perhaps the format event - regret no suggestions what to code needs to be, you'll need to experiment.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    That's a lot of pages! My first thought is passing the starting page number in OpenArgs. Set a report-level variable to that value in the report's open event. In the print event, set a textbox to the variable's value and then increment the variable. If the reports are fixed, you can just set the variable in the open event and skip OpenArgs.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

vuyiswamb is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Thank you very much for the reply

i used the Page property to initialize where the Page should start counting on the OnFormat Event and it worked very well now , i want to use the Pages Property as well.

I also want to Control the Pages property because if the whole dataset contains
    649459 records so now i want to keep the "Pages" property to 649459 / 14 which is 14 records per Page. so that means i will have 46389 pages

i did the following

Pages = 46389but when i run the Report it gives me a generic message which does not give me more info about my statement.
    "A Custom Macro in this report has failed to run. and this preventing the report from rendering"

Thanks

trevor40 is offline Advanced db Manager
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    You could convert the macro into vba code, then when you run the report a better error report may be generated, you can then also step through the vba code to find were the fault is.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.