salisbut is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Total on Report and multiple queries into a report

Is it possible to print out a report with just a couple of boxes that have totals from queries? I have configured it so that it gets some of the totals I want, but it prints out tons of duplicates which I am assuming for the total number of records which is not what I want. I am just trying to create a bill that I can send to another company that has the totals.

Here is how I have my database setup...I have one table that is linked to an excel spreadsheet. This is because each day I receive an email which contains an excel spreadsheet that contains our transacations from that day. I then copy and paste the new cells from that email and into the master excel spreadsheet and it updates my database. In my database I initially had 25 or so queries which took the information for each company and put it into a query. The reason I made twice as many queries was to seperate each company to buy or sell because I couldn't figure out how to grab the information when I got to the report. The table has 10 fields: 1. Counterparty(Company we work with) 2. Product (Power or transmission) 3. Trade (trading number for certain types of transactions) 4. Positiontype (Buy or Sell) 5. Quantity (Number of megawatts) 6. Price 7. Value (Quantity*Price) 8.Begtime(when the transaction started) 9. Endtime(when the transaction ended) 10. Name (many null values, extra designator for different power supplies). I agree that 1 query would be better for each company but how do I just grab the sum of a companies buying into a report or the sum of a companies selling into a report. Something like =(Sum[qryCalpine]![QUANTITY]) where postiontype = Buy ?!?!?! Not sure on this syntax kind of learning access on the fly. I have uploaded the database and the linked spreadsheet. Thanks

Datagopherdan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    You could have do a bunch of lookups on the report to display the totals. This would most likely run extremely slow though.

Quote Originally Posted by salisbut View Post
    Is it possible to print out a report with just a couple of boxes that have totals from queries? I have configured it so that it gets some of the totals I want, but it prints out tons of duplicates which I am assuming for the total number of records which is not what I want. I am just trying to create a bill that I can send to another company that has the totals.
    Here is how I have my database setup...I have one table that is linked to an excel spreadsheet. This is because each day I receive an email which contains an excel spreadsheet that contains our transacations from that day. I then copy and paste the new cells from that email and into the master excel spreadsheet and it updates my database. In my database I initially had 25 or so queries which took the information for each company and put it into a query. The reason I made twice as many queries was to seperate each company to buy or sell because I couldn't figure out how to grab the information when I got to the report. The table has 10 fields: 1. Counterparty(Company we work with) 2. Product (Power or transmission) 3. Trade (trading number for certain types of transactions) 4. Positiontype (Buy or Sell) 5. Quantity (Number of megawatts) 6. Price 7. Value (Quantity*Price) 8.Begtime(when the transaction started) 9. Endtime(when the transaction ended) 10. Name (many null values, extra designator for different power supplies). I agree that 1 query would be better for each company but how do I just grab the sum of a companies buying into a report or the sum of a companies selling into a report. Something like =(Sum[qryCalpine]![QUANTITY]) where postiontype = Buy ?!?!?! Not sure on this syntax kind of learning access on the fly. I have uploaded the database and the linked spreadsheet. Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.