markjkubicki is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

need direction in creating a "check-the-box form" kind of report

trying to create a report of sorts (its more like a "check-the-box form" (for data entry); and I'm at a complete loss on how best to set it up / how to start. Any direction (and that's really all I "ought" to need) will be greatly appreciated in advance.

tables
    tblMfrRep - manufacturer's representatives and their contact info
    tblMfrRep_Mfrs - list of multiple manufacturers that are represented by a single MfrRep
    tblMfr - details about the individual manufacturers

tblCategories - category "tags" that could be applied to any of the manufacturers (where it is possible/likely that any one manufacturer would have multiple categories tagged to it)
    tblMfrCategory - table with a record for each category a manufacturer has been tagged for. EX: record (1) - mfr_1, cat_1; (2) mfr_1, cat_2; (3) mfr_1, cat_4; (4) mfr_2, cat_1: (5) mfr_2, cat_3; <etc.>

what I simply (or not simply) am trying to do is issue a "check off the box" form to each rep that includes (trust me on this.... the scale of the project and skill sets are not so grand that this does make sense)....
    - the Rep Agency Name
    - each of the Manufacturers they represent
    - and then UNDER EACH INDIVIDUAL MANUFACTURER
    - a list of ALL of the possible categories, with some sort of annotation indicating which of those categories have already been entered in tblMfrCategory
    with this they will be able to check off which have been missed and still need to be added, which are no longer correct and should be removed, and (of course) which they concur with and can remain as entered.
    *** it is this last task that has me dumbfounded, and that i need direction on (plz.)

this will be a PAPER report/form, that "someone" will review BY HAND; there definitely will be no digital form with a combobox of categories to select from (tried that... not the right approach; to tedious; required too much effort; blah blah blah....) What I've convinced myself will work is and old fashioned... "can fill it out while on the subway home approach"; and any more than that will die.

with much thanks in advance
    mark

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    It sounds like you already have the dB created and data is entered. Can you post the dB with sample data?
    And maybe a pic of the report(s) you want to create? Could be hand sketched.......

Windows XP Access 2007
    definitely....
    (attached)

However, there is no tblMfrRep_Mfrs - forgot that information was never separated out (file under: things I've inherited...) instead within tblMfr, is a field for the manufacturer's rep-agency.
    Also the final report will be a bit more "involved" that this (so you might see a bit of...); but for the sake of forums, I've tried to dumb it down as much as possible.

thnx
    Document_2016.12.31.pdf
    Database_2016.12.31.accdb
    Last edited by markjkubicki; 12-31-2016 at 03:31 PM.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    So your attached dB shows 4 linked tables:
    Code:
    tblCatagories --- ;DATABASE=C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\TDAMasterDATA.accdb --- Catagories
    tblMfr --- ;DATABASE=C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\TDAMasterDATA.accdb --- Manufacturers
    tblMfrCatagory --- ;DATABASE=C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\TDAMasterDATA.accdb --- MfrCatagory
    tblMfrRep --- ;DATABASE=C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\TDAMasterDATA.accdb --- tblManufacturerRepAgencies

but can't see the data because the tables are linked and no forms, no..........

Windows XP Access 2007
    aurghhhh (apologies.... will re-post this evening)

Windows XP Access 2007

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    Create a query of the data the way you want it to look, then use report wizard to create a report from it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.