PATRICKPBME is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Inserting a button

I am learning/running Access 2010. I have been following some videos on YouTube that have helped me learn the program along with some great input from this forum. Now I am a the point where I would like to add some buttons to my form.

I open the form in design view as instructed. In design, I click on the rectangle with the XXXX inside which I am told is the button I need to put in my form. I take it to my form, click and the button appears. However, on YouTube, a "Command Button Wizard" box opens when this is done, but on my form I just get the box with a command number in it. Why am I not getting the Wizard?

BTW, I am trying to create a button that will open a form that users can have to find information in my existing database. I am guessing that might not be as simple as I think. If anyone can direct me to "creating interactive forms for users in Access for dummies" that would be great. Thank you.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    There is an icon on the ribbon that looks like a magic wand that controls wizards. Make sure it's selected.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

the query for your new form could reference a listbox on the form.

for example listbox could be named anything but lets call it "LSTclient" and it shows all the clients. (importantly this would have to be in the forms header).

in your query where you are showing the client name. the criteria for this would be =forms!FormName!LSTclient. FormName is the name of your form. Also have the query refresh on the update event of the listbox.

If I've helped. Great. If not, ask away.

PATRICKPBME is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    There is an icon on the ribbon that looks like a magic wand that controls wizards. Make sure it's selected.
    Would this be in Form Design Tools-Design? Don't see it. BTW I have Access 2010 if that makes a difference.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    It's kind of hidden in 2010. On the design tab in the controls section, there's a "More" dropdown at the right side of the section to select a control. It's in there, says "Use Control Wizards".
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.