elzool is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit

Import Excel data to Access form, display it, add additional Data and push to Access Table

I've inherited a few duties and while I can do them as is, I'd like to make them more efficient and could use some assistance in doing so.

If I am in the wrong forum, I apologize, it seemed that this would be a good place to start.

This is what is happening now.
    We send users an Excel form to fill out and periodically they fill it out and email it back to us as necessary.
    When the form is returned, I manually input that data into an existing Table in Access.

This is what I would like to do.
    Using Access 2013, I would like to create a form where I could browse for an Excel spreadsheet, select it and display data from

Excel on the Access form. Then, on the Access form, I would manually add additional data via dropdowns and text boxes and export all of that into an existing Access table. Once the data has been exported and placed into the table, I would like the ID number it created, displayed on the form itself.

So, right now, there is data on the Excel form that is input using text boxes and dropdown list selections.
    I have all of the data I would like added to Access being copied to specific cells on an individual sheet within the spreadsheet as well. Within Access, the table we put the information into has the same selections as the Excel dropdowns, but further information also must be entered into that row in the Access table that is not on the Excel form.

I've created a form in Access that would allow me to enter the additional information using dropdowns and textboxes.
    It also has the ability to browse for a file, select it and display a path.

The other fields I would like to display are also set up, but I do not know how to populate them or go beyond this.

I would really appreciate some assistance with this.

Thank you so much in advance!

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    dont import certain cells, import ALL cells.
    import the data to a temp work table, (dont work in excel, unless you do it ALL in excel)
    make your adjustments in a form connected to this table, add your extra data
    if you need to do it in bulk, run an update query on the temp table.
    then when updates are finished, run an append query to add the data to the main data table.

AlexJ is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit
    Interested to see if you found a solution for this. I am looking to do a similar thing that involves browsing and adding two .csv files to two tables then using a make table query to combine them only pulling the information I want then exporting this new table all using buttons in a form. Could you share your method/VBA for your browse and import function?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.