newmexicat is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Exclamation Need to e-mail a primary contacts to verify info for multiple contacts per organization from Access

I'm trying to set things up so I can send an e-mail to the primary contact for each organization we track so they can verify the Line of Succession information we have on file for their agency. I know I can e-mail from within Access - I tested that and the functionality works fine. The problem is, as things are now, I can only email each individual person. I need to be able to send an e-mail to the primary contact (line of succession order is tracked in the database for each organization) and have them verify a list of all individual contacts listed for the organization, in order of succession.

How would that work best? I would really appreciate any suggestions!

(Background: I'm an intermediate Access User working on a database that's only ever been used like a spreadsheet. There are really no relationships set up in this bad boy - just some queries set up. I've got lots of old data and would love to have a streamlined way to update this info several times a year by way of Access Data Collection and updating from individuals' replies.)

I mentioned that it *might* be possible to my boss and now he wants to see something ASAP. (*insert foot in mouth*)

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    That's how email works,you DO send to each individual person even in bulk.
    In the tContact table, dont you have a flag to show who is Primary?
    and just email that 1 person?

i have a form,in it a list box of contacts/emails.
    the send button scans the list,sending each the email.
    if you have this,I'm not sure what you want.

The issue is that I need to send a list of all contacts associated with the organization to primary contact for the primary contact to update/make changes to the list.

That's the part I can't work out. Is it possible to send a single access data collection email with update fields for multiple entries in the database.

I'm starting to think the answer is, "No."

That is to say, I think I could do this using InfoPath; but, my office doesn't have InfoPath... so I think I'm out of luck.

jwhite is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Yes, this can be done. First create a Query that will return the primary person and all the people within for each organization. Then open that with a Recordset to build the email body with each person within the organization. Then send the email to Outlook (assumed) to .body (.htmlbody if you want color, borders, etc.). Depending on the limited schema you have, you may have to query for the primary person separately.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.