ByronC is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit

Problems with subreports and IIF statments

Hello,

I've been using access for many, many years, but I've run into a problem with subreports. The issue is that my IIF statement works intermittently. The first screen shot is of the report working. After saving the report, closing the DB, then re-opening, the #Name? error comes back (2nd screen shot below).

"Budget Projection" and "Payroll and Fringe Estimate Through Budget End Date" are both subreports on a report named "Budget Status." These reports pull criteria from a form [frmReportMenu]. I'm pulling [txtPayrollEstimate] from the report footer of the second sbrpt and using it in a calculation on sbrpt "Budget Projection."

BUT, in order to troubleshoot the cause of #Name? error, I simplified my IIF statement to: =IIf([Account]="SAL_SP",1,0)
    This simplified IIF is producing the same error. So, IIF is intermittently not recognizing [Account] (second column below). I used the expression builder and it has no problem with [Account] and I have no duplicates of Account either. Account is the text box name and the control source from the query that feeds the sbrpt "Budget Projection."

I'm sure there are multiples ways to do what I'm doing, but my VBA skills are very limited. In other works, I avoid it at all costs.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    ByronC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Budget Status Report without error.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	26743
    After saving, closing and re-opening, the error returns (when I took this screen shot the Account label was "Category" but I changed it back to "Account" for this post.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Budget Status Report with Name error.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	26744

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    I would recommend doing all your values and calcs in the record sources. There is no need to do them inside the report - far easier to troubleshoot a query. Get the query working, the report is only there to display the query values in a nice manner.

ByronC is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit

Conditional calculations

Quote Originally Posted by aytee111 View Post
    I would recommend doing all your values and calcs in the record sources. There is no need to do them inside the report - far easier to troubleshoot a query. Get the query working, the report is only there to display the query values in a nice manner.
    Aytee,
    Thanks for the push in the right direction. It was much easier than I thought! Funny how this works in a query 100%, but only 50% in a report.

=IIf([Account]="SAL_SP",[txtPayrollEstimate],IIf([Account]="FRG_SP",[txtFringeEstimate]),IIf([Account]="FACADM",[FA_Est],0)))

ByronC

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    Glad to be of service!

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    nm, looks like you have it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.