Mike940 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

Security Warning but no macros

I'm not on a network. My tables fields are all plain text, except 3 are hyperlink fields. I have a customized split form, though which most inputting is done. I use the datasheet view to check and edit. I have someone send me records sometimes, but they have been simply copied from her database and then I paste them into mine. No one else uses my computer.

I do not have any macros.

About a week ago, about 10% of my records disappeared after making and running a simple query to show them, sorted by one filed. Nothing I have tried has found them.

I have a backup of that file, but it would take a couple days of tedious editing to bring it up to date.

I've just made a backup of the file that the records disappeared from and would like to copy and paste a few hundred records from the older backup, to help bring it up to date, thus cutting out some of the tedious re-editing.

But when I open the new backup, I get the "SECURITY WARNING. Some Active content has been disabled." Previously, I would have ignored the warning and set the table not to show warnings, because I know where the contents came from. However, given the disaster a week ago, the warning makes me nervous. When I check Run Macro, no macros show up, which is at it should be, as I have none.

Given the above, should I simply turn off the warning, or should I be worried?

Thanks,

jwhite is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Is the new backup database in a Trusted Location?
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...d-541e19f62bea

Mike940 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite View Post
    Is the new backup database in a Trusted Location?
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...d-541e19f62bea
    No, but it is in the same location as the original file and the original file has the same individual trust settings. As I understand it, there should be no problems with either of them because the fields are all either short text or hyperlink, plus autonumber for the ID. The backup should be an exact copy of the original but the warning shows up on it but not the original.

jwhite is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Try adding the directory as a Trusted Location and see what happens. In the Trust Center there is also an option to disable Macros - make sure that is done.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.