Slurry Pumper is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Where can I go to get a list of parameter values.

Hey all,

I created a report that extracts information from a Table. When I open the report, a pop up window comes up asking me to enter a value for a parameter that has a name nowhere near anything I have in the report, or the table. Ok whatever, I thought I had a typo or something so I looked at every single area on the report, and I can't find the parametric value that is being asked for in the report. The report is working as I like if I OK my way through the pop up, so my question is: Where do I go to get a list of parametric values that are being used in the report? At the top of the "Property Sheet" area, there is a pull down that does show all of things I have in the report, including the parametric values that I like to see, except the one parametric value that is being asked for. I really just want to remove the parametric value, and after looking at the help screen menus, it instructs me to look at all of my stuff in the report, and it implies that I have made a typographical error or the program would not be asking for the information. A typical smug we are Microsoft and we couldn't possibly have any issues with our software so it is obviously an error with the user's ability to enter the proper information message. This is not acceptable in my opinion, the program knows all of the parametric values, why can't it just have a list of these things in a convenient area, it has convenient things for just about everything else, it should do the same for parametric values?

Ah, Maybe it does, like I said, at the top of the "Property Sheet" fly out tab, there is a list of everything that I added or edited in the report, except the one thing it is asking for. Could my problem be originating from my action of copying a report, then slightly altering the content? The parametric value it is asking for was a parametric value used in the version I copied the report from. I changed this value to a different value that is operating in the correct way that I would like it to. If this is the case, this is also unacceptable, and Microsoft should commit some resources towards the bugs in their legacy software operational parameters and lay off screwing up my windows system with the new releases every couple of years that do more harm than good. Enough ranting, I really think I got the proper textual programming content for my report, and I really just want to get rid of a parametric value that the program is asking for but is not used anywhere in the report.

If the consensus answer is to not copy and rename reports then alter the content, I would say then why give me that option if that option does not work as advertised.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    When it asks for a param you didn't make,there is a missing field,or misspelled field in the query or report.

Usually,you have a Group/sort that is now missing.
    the report group was on Name, but name field got replaced and no longer exists.
    just remove the group/sort.

Slurry Pumper is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks ranman256.

So in the future, if I copy a report and change all of the parametric values around, I should delete the group sorts that are present. Evidently when I change the source, the group sort is not effected, or changed. The group sort will still look for things that have been deleted, thus the question for the parametric value.

It would be nice if there was a button or something that would list all of the parametric values the program expects to use during the running of the report.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Yep, that's it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.