rltaylor is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Unable to edit data in subform

I have a main form that contains a subform. When I try to edit the data in the controls in the subform, they act as if they are locked. When I manually open the form that is the source for the subform outside of the main form, I can edit the data in the controls without a problem.

The controls in the subform that contain the data I want to edit are enabled and are not locked, as evidenced by the ability to edit their contents when the form that is the source for the subform is opened outside of the main form. The allow edits property in the source form for the subform is set to true. The main form allow edits property is set to true. The fields in the main form and the subform are not linked. What are some possible reasons that would make the subform controls appear to be locked when I try to edit their contents in the subform inside the main form?

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    When I try to edit the data in the controls in the subform, they act as if they are locked.
    Not sure exactly what this means. If you can't set the focus to a control on the subform perhaps the actual subform conctol is not enabled
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

rltaylor is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fitz View Post
    Not sure exactly what this means. If you can't set the focus to a control on the subform perhaps the actual subform conctol is not enabled
    I can set the focus of the control in the subform but it acts locked even though the control's locked property is set to NO. I finally figured out the problem. The main form actually has 2 subforms. The subforms use different queries as their data sources. These queries both have multiple joins. There are some tables that are involved in the joins in both of these queries. When the data source queries are simplified so that there are no joined tables that appear in both data source queries, the locked subform problem described above disappears.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.