MatNorman is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Invalid User Credentials Error on new computer - Shared Database

Hi all,

I am hoping somebody can help with this who has a lot more IT knowledge of Databases than myself. I am working as an IT engineer but my knowledge with databases is admittedly very low.

I have a department at work with a Shared network drive that containes a Database that the whole department have access to (I think using PPT security). So when they access the database via the secure link, it prompts them to enter their username and password so that they can authorise access to the database.

Now the problem I have is that they bought a new Desktop PC last week. I installed this and set this up for them and in our company we use SCCM so every PC is setup relatively the same, so it is definatley running the same version of Office 2010 as the old PC was and all their polocies ect are the same also. Now though, when they enter their details to login to the database, it is showing an error saying 'invalid user credentials'. They can still login on the old PC and other PC's though.

Has anybody ever experienced this before? Or does anybody have any suggestions as to what this issue may be? It would be a great help.

As i said previousely though, everything relating to this database is stored on a shared network drive which access to is allocated by user accounts. So access policies ect on an 'account level'/ 'AD level' should not be an issue i would not think.

I look forward to hearing any responses and if you need any more information, please let me know and I will see how i can help.

Thanks all!

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    What is causing the error message to be displayed? Are the user credentials kept on a table, if so can you open this table manually from the database?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    it's possible that part of the user credentials are the machine name - if you have changed the device, the name will be different

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.