Walker is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

Extra Page after Page Break CONTROL

I have a report that is fairly simple in that it has a Report Header (Customer Info and Work Location), Detail Section (Job Description and Report Footer (Pricing and Page #s). The report prints on a preprinted form. The detail section is just a text box that is 4 inches high and is used to type in job descriptions. The job descriptions can vary in length, so I put a page break control at the bottom of the text box so that if the description exceeds the size of the text box, it will start a new page when the document prints.
    The problem I am having is that it will always print an extra page, regardless of how many pages in the document. So, for example, if the description is short and should only print one page, it will print two and the first page, of course has Page 1 of 2 and second page has Page 2 of 2, even though it is blank.
    The page is not breaking on records (because the description is only one record, regardless of length), it is breaking based on the location of the Page Break Control. I have tried putting the control right at the bottom of the text box and set the controls "Top" property to 4", the same as the text box, but to no avail.
    So, I don't know how to stop it. I don't know if there is a way to count the lines in the text box and turn the Page Break Control on or off based on the number of lines, or if there is a completely different approach that I should look at. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    using page breaks will do this.
    try not using them, but size the report to a full 8x11.5 sheet.

Walker is offline Novice
    The problem is that it prints on a Pre-Printed sheet, so basically is a form filler. The area I have to print the description in is 4 inches high, so that is all I have to work with.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    I don't do reports much, but it sounds like it is a page size thing, margins, etc. Make sure those all match your pre-printed sheet size. There is also the CanGrow property for the textbox (the detail section?), couldn't you set that to No so that it is always that same size?

Walker is offline Novice
    Thank you aytee111, I went through all the margins and they are good. The problem is the Page Break Control. If there is enough text for two pages and I take the Page Break Control out, it prints on one page, cutting off the remaining text. If I put the Page Break Control in, it prints 3 pages with the last page being blank. Page Breaks base on records don't help as there is only one record in the text box.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    If you set the Page Break control "Visible=False" in the OnFormat of the detail section then it doesn't print a new page. That is about all I have managed to discover! Somehow you have to know when to do that, by page number? If the page number is one less than the number of pages?

I am having difficulty creating a report such as this, maybe you could post your database with one record.

Walker is offline Novice
    aytee111 - Thank you. That is brilliant and did the trick. I did exactly what you suggested. It took like one minute and solved the issue. Thank you again!!!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.