bonnielynnw is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Question Re-learning Database Design...Need a resourse - is there a library on-line?

I was a self-taught database designer using Access 2002. Now semi-retired and after a few years away, I need to create one and have Access 2007 (wow! that is SO different!). I need to refresh myself on some basics and don't want to bother folks here with REALLY basic questions.

Right now, I have a Form that opens to Last Record and GoToCtrl [CertNum] which is then highlighted. I am using a Macro on the Form Open Event. Okay, really stupid question here (and I have searched through the commands as well as the items under RunCommand and cannot find a simple <Copy> command. Must I write Code to do that?

I want my AddNewRecord button to go to a new record and paste the value plus 1. It's not my Primary Key, that is a separate AutoNumber field. This is a certificate number that will be printed on a cremation certificate for the pet owner. They just have lots of zeros and they do increment up one at a time but I don't want it to be "locked in stone" like a Primary Key. I'm just trying to automate the form to assist the data entry.

Can't afford a manual but really need to read a few basics on table, form and report design. The Help button (F1) isn't being much help. I guess I'm old school and do better flipping pages. I may need to go to the library but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this. I used to post frequently on this forum back when I was working. It was a wonderful source of assistance.

Bonnie

Why, oh why is it that as soon as I give up and post an inquiry, I find the answer? It's all this "trusted source" stuff! I finally found an item in Help that said to 'Show All Actions' for a db not trusted. Now I need to find how to make it trusted so I don't have to enable on options everytime I open my file.

Wow, hope I was just entertainment and not annoying on this post!

vicsaccess is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    That's funny, I don't know how many times I've worked on something for hours and as soon as i walk away to something else or post the question it comes to me. try this site,
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ion_1968627525

Thank you very much!

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Now I need to find how to make it trusted so I don't have to enable on options everytime I open my file.
    go to file>options>trust centre>trust centre settings>trusted locations

then click the add new location button to select your folder. Now any db put in this folder will open without the message

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.