How to disable Outlook Pop Up Notification when sending Email Via Access 2016?

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro and on a Surface Pro 2. So I am trying to send an e-mail via Access 2016 and I am getting a pop-up message saying "Microsoft Outlook" on the top and with the message "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up to date. For more information about e-mail safety and how you might be able to avoid getting this warning, click Help."

So things I have already tried to resolve issues.

1. My Access Settings in the Trust Center: Macro Settings: Enable All macros (not recommended; potentially dangerous code can run) ActiveX settings: Enable all control without restriction and without prompting (not recommended; potential dangerous controls can run)
    In Access 2016 I do not see the option for programmatic access.
    2. My Outlook Settings:
    Macro Settings: Enable all macros (not recommended; potentially dangerous code can run)
    Programmatic Access:
    Antivirus status:Valid Never warn me about suspicious activity (not recommended)
    3. Attempting to download anti-virus software from Microsoft - to stay up to date
    Microsoft Security Essentials: I went to www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201 its the Microsoft Security Essentials Download, and when I download it says I already have Microsoft Windows Defender and it has similar functions, so it won't install.

Microsoft Windows Defender: This looks to be installed on my computer and up to date. I have attempted to tinker with the setting but still not working. I have added the file to excluded files and locations. I have even tried turning off real-time protection. (I have turned it back on). No- success in just turning off this warning.
    4. Lastly I have tried: Converting the email macro to VBA. I then added the following code via VBA.
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    No Success in this either.

Please advise on how to get rid of the pop-up when sending an e-mail. I am not interested in using keyboard shortcuts for this. I know thats another option.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    None of that stuff you altered or tried to alter settings for will have any effect if you're sending the email via DoCmd.SendObject AFAIK. That was a security feature implemented in Windows back in 98 or 2000 versions, I think.
    If you're not using that method, then I might be stumped at first. Otherwise, the method that usually works is to us Automation or the COM object model. The first is the easiest.
    You could search on ms access vba send email with automation - or something like that, or post back and let us know if you're trying to send an attachment with your email also.

I don't use macros, so I could be wrong when I say you are beat unless you use vba code.
    Last edited by Micron; 11-12-2016 at 08:37 PM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

You are correct I am using docmd method

when you say automation method can you elaborate ?

Do you have a reference to build via COM method?

SOLVED IT !!!!!
    MUCH THANKS
    Yes used Microsoft Outlook Objects and simple code that went with it!

That was fast! If the solution involves something like CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), that's Automation.

Tonya Alcantar is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

The easiest, thus perhaps the most dangerous solution IMHO. Not only that, many/most corporate users with IT oversight would never be allowed to run programs as an administrator. There's plenty of code examples out there showing how to send email from Access via Automation or the COM object model.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.