DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Can a report be made in a grid array like Excell ?

Hi,
    I have a modelling database and wish at a glance to see what I need to buy.
    I am filling out an excell spread visually taking data of what I own from my Access Reports on each aircraft type.
    so I have rows such as Spitfire Hurricane, Lancaster, Me109 and columns such as kit, scale, Interior, Exterior, Engines,Tyres, Canopy, Bombs,Decals
    At top are these aircraft at 1/48 scale. then repeated again lower down at 1/72 scale.

Into these cells I mostly type the manufacturer of the part but could do with also the quantity.

At a glance I hope to see what I still need to buy if kit needs it.

A record of a part has fields such as manufacturer, scale, Title, Quantity, and a sub form indicating ForAircraftType, able to take multiple entries, linked to the ID of the record.

Could I use a report to give me such a visual check, I have only ever placed all the 'cells' (cant remember what a table cell is called as I type !) in a row then the report populates down the page these cells with their record entries. Its not the grid I am finding useful.

DBenz

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Have you got an example of the spreadsheet you are using, it is almost impossible to visualize what you are asking about. I assume this has to do with model (aircraft or otherwise). If you are trying to track which 'versions' you do not have in your collection (assuming this isn't an inventory management solution) a giant spreadsheet is not the way you want to think about this I don't believe but I don't understand from your description what exactly you are tracking in relation to each model.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.