gsucin is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 64bit

Smile Automatic report update

Hey folks,

I need help from anyone (im new in ms access), i have created a database for an office supply (stationary) inventory. Since i don't know much about access except the basic, I cannot make a report and table relarionship that could automatically update my inventory report once i entered either a new purchase or an issuance in my table.

what i am doing now is i created another table or query purposely only for enventory. Everytime i have a new purchase or issuance i manually apdating my inventory table.

I am very very much thankful if anyone could help me. It will be an ease for my work. Thank you and God Bless

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    from your description, it sounds like you have tables design like excel e.g.

ID...Description...Pens...Paper...Stapler... etc

so every time you add a new item you have to add a new field in your table and modify your report to include the new field

Is this a correct assumption?

gsucin is offline Novice
    shounds like that, but let me show you what i have to make it clear. And thanks by the for your response and willingness to help.

this how my table is:

Column headers : product code....category.....description.....unit....trans action type.....trans date.....issued to......quantity and so on.

as u have seen i have the "transaction type" which will be filterred only by; purchase and issuance
    that simply says that this table is my records for purchases and issuances (and of course the rest information that i may need like how many purchases or issuances i have for each month and/or to make a query to separate each transaction PO or issuance.

In response to your question that i will add a new field for new items, NO.
    From the first tbale i have (PO and issuances table), i input the same items many times depends on how many times i issue and how many times i get new purchases. It only defers the dates of transaction and/or quantity.

And I alsohave another table for an inventory. But what i am doing on the inventory table is to re-input again all products (with codes as my reference) and to update manually the numbers (quantiy) if i have new deliveries or issuances. And of course to add new items if i have new product that i dont have yet both tables.

My inventory looks like this:

Product code.......description........purchases qty.......issued qty......on stocks

from that template, i entered all existing product i have and entered how many total purchases i made, then how many quantity i already issued, then the on-stock field i already find the expression to subtract purchases by issuances.

Wish this makes it clear for u to understand what i did and what i need.. Thank you

jwhite is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    I think this link will help you: http://allenbrowne.com/appinventory.html

gsucin is offline Novice
    Omg this what makes me dizzy watching this functions hahaha, sorry "jwhite" just kidding but really its true, i dont really have an idea all that staff. It make u wonder how am i doing with 15 access database i made in our office. Lol.

Or maybe i treat access just like an excell file, the only diffence is i can make a reports ready in advance even no transactions yet. But no choice its what the boss wants.

Ill give u another example of a database i made. I have this what we called vehicle expenditures. I created a table that contains a fields called; month...year...plate #......trans date....paticulars.....amount....receipt....and any other data i want to keep

from that table i made multiple queries like monthly expenses by filtering the month or the year field to get the total expenses yearly each car. And a query also for the entire 60 vehicles (monthly and yearly). The same method, i make reports each of that queries. So imagine how many quiries and reports do i have with this particular databes only? And we are talking about this current year only. And i will do the same methods for this coming year within this same database.

When we got new cars it takes me a day to include that into the database
    I know i look like idiot to anyone here knows about access heehehe...but thats how i work on it.
    I know theres an easy way to work all of this without having hundreds of quiries and reports inside this database that all my users didnt know

In fact i wanted to attend some class only for this access just to learn it properly for my work at my own expense but i cant find in my place. I might ask anyone online to learn

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.