JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Creating Business Cards in Access

I would like to create some very basic business cards in Access (just text, no logos or any graphics).
    I have created mailing labels in Access before, with good success. I am thinking something similar to the same concept, having a multi-column set-up to print many on one page.
    I guess the trick is to get the right sizing down. I could probably play around with the different label template sizes and pick something fairly close.
    Has anyone ever done anything like that or seen any templates for that?

BTW, I understand that MS Word has some templates for business cards, but I really am not a fan of messing around with stuff in Word. I am much more comfortable and prefer to use Access, if possible.

Thanks

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    I'll take a risk and recommend Avery templates for Word, which may not be the same as what you referred to. I found them quite easy to work with, and they're free (or at least they were). Using Access to create multiple copies of something that is exactly the same as all the rest is not the same as creating mailing labels IMHO. A word processor is the right tool for a business card job.
    Last edited by Micron; 10-26-2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: clarification

JoeM is offline VIP
    I was checking out those free Avery templates for Word, and saw that there were a lot of complaints and poor ratings from them.

I was messing around with Access Labels and you can design your own custom size. So I made them the same size as business cards (2 x 3.5).
    It was pretty quick and easy and gave me exactly what I need. I just need something quick and easy to share my information with others at a conference (and I haven't been at my new job long enough for them to give me business cards yet!).

Joe,
    For a few $, this may be the answer. I have used them in the past.

http://www.vistaprint.com/lpt/bc2-tw...25670837&GNF=0

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Well, maybe they've gotten worse, but they worked fine for me. I do rely on reviews, but sometimes you get the picture that (in the case of hotels) some people cannot be satisfied no matter what. In the case of software related stuff, one might get the drift that they're not proficient in Word anyway, so how can they expect to deal with tabs, indents and margins used in an Avery add-in?

Glad you got what you wanted out of Access.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.