rebfein is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Enter parameter values box loops & never closes

I created a query that is what I call the master query in the database I created. I then created separate queries (for each manufacturer we buy from) off of this query.

This query searches through three (3) tables and lists in alphabetical order the Manufacturer Company Name, our part number, our part description and the manufacturer's part number. There are six (6) values to enter in the parameter box when any of the queries are selected to run.

I inadvertently entered the wrong value in the box and pressed enter before I realize what I had done.

Now the box keeps cycling (looping) requesting the same values entered multiple times without showing the finished results.

I've tried several options for this via Microsoft support, but they don't work. The only way I've gotten around it, is by deleting the original saved query, then recreating the query and naming it the EXACT same name.

Any other suggestions for fixing this issue in the future?

Thank you,

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I've never had that problem, but most of us don't use parameter prompts ("[Enter blah]") for query criteria, we use forms. You have much more control that way, and no prompts.

Why separate queries for each manufacturer? Normally you'd just use a parameter for that, one query.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

rebfein is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    "Why separate queries for each manufacturer? Normally you'd just use a parameter for that, one query."

1. Because when I initially created the database, I had very little knowledge of Access.
    2. Also, information keeps getting added to the Active, Suppliers and Component Description tables. And,
    3. Because, we send the reports to suppliers for item LCM status results and it is easier (on me) to run the separate query, then the report before (which are already set up), than for me to set it up from the query each time.

Thank you,

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.