Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tonycl69 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks everyone for your help, although I originally put this has solved, I have hit a snag and would appreciate some help.
    The original question was to calculate mileage between previous entry and current, which was solved excellently. And now works, if there is a previous record mileage entry. What I have noticed is, the query doesn't not produce a difference if there isn't a entry in the immediate previous entry, it could be several entries earlier. Is there an additional code etc that could look for a previous mileage entry and not the immediate entry, hope that makes sense.

This is the code I have thus far and works fine, but needs to be able to calculate on a previous date not immediately previous.

SELECT qry_RRVHoursDiffFeed.Unit, qry_RRVHoursDiffFeed.UnitName, tblworkdone.newjobdate, tblworkdone.mileagehours, (SELECT TOP 1 Dupe.mileagehours FROM tblworkdone AS Dupe WHERE Dupe.unitid = tblworkdone.unitid AND Dupe.newjobdate < tblworkdone.newjobdate ORDER BY Dupe.newjobdate DESC, Dupe.vehmainid) AS PriorValue, tblWorkdone.MileageHours-PriorValue AS Diff
    FROM qry_RRVHoursDiffFeed INNER JOIN tblworkdone ON qry_RRVHoursDiffFeed.Unitid = tblworkdone.Unitid
    WHERE (((tblworkdone.mileagehours) Is Not Null))
    ORDER BY qry_RRVHoursDiffFeed.Unit, tblworkdone.newjobdate DESC;

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    Add this:

(SELECT TOP 1 Dupe.mileagehours FROM tblworkdone AS Dupe WHERE Dupe.unitid = tblworkdone.unitid AND Dupe.newjobdate < tblworkdone.newjobdate AND Dupe.mileagehours > 0

tonycl69 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Excellent, just the job. Thanks for your help, hopefully this will help others with this one too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.