dcmphi is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Input data validation of Form

All Access Experts please help me. I attach a access db file. please help me how to develop a db with

following requirments.
    In
    transaction form i needs following input validation

(1) when ACNo text field is null or filled with any number it checks existing data (Name field) from a

tbltransaction table. If match where ACNo is equal from Name field of tbltransaction then show the name
    in txtName textbox. Otherwise txtName fields show Invalid Customer or my message and focus set to ACNo

textfield. Cursor not moved other text field without any valid data. Cursor moved when ACNo is not

nulled and input value is found existing data from tbltransaction.
    (2) TransType, VoucherType text field is same as like as ACNo text field. TransType checks existing

data of tblTransType and VoucherType chechs existing data of tbl VoucherType.
    (3) If VoucherType text fields is debit by cheque or debit by voucher then Debit text field is enable

and credit text field is disable. And If VoucherType is credit text field is enable and debit text field

is disable.

(4) VoucherNo text field is only checks if it is null or not. If not null not set focus VoucherNtext

field.

(5) Description text field is only checks if it is null or not. If not null not set focus of the field.
    (6) IN txtbalance field i want to show balance of the acount number which is equal to ACNo text field.
    (7) If VoucherType is debit then check input Debit text field amount. if Debit text field amount is < or

= Balance text field then transaction complete otherwise not.
    (8) If VoucherType is credit then check input credit text field amount. if Credit text field amount is >

0 then transaction complete otherwise not.
    (9) txtLastTransDate text field show the last transaction date from tbltransaction where Form ACNo is equal to tbltransaction ACNo .

Thats all. Thanks to all access talents.....

Here is my attachfile link:
    http://rgho.st/7Rdd4XqcD

jwhite is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    You cross-posted this question on UtterAccess website (http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/ind...ic=2039600&hl=) and have already received an answer. Please do not cross-post...

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    And at

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...d.php?t=289651

as well! If you simply must post in multiple forums at least let the members on each forum know about the other forums you're querying!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.