Bkper087 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Selecting records in subform based on another subform

I am working to create a multi-tiered budget tracking database. I have set-up a form with a combo box to select the budget project. I also have two subforms. The first subform contains a budget entry section (category, date, cost, etc). The second subform is a datasheet form. Currently I have both subforms linked to the master form by the projectID in order to filter out entries for other projects.

I want the subform to act as a split form (split forms don’t work as a subform) would in the sense that when you select a record, the other subform will show the data for that record. Currently this doesn’t work, because the forms are both linked to the main form using the ProjectID. If I linked the datasheet subform by the recordID it would only show one entry instead of all entries under that project budget.
    I know I have done something like this before, but I can’t remember how. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!I am working to create a multi-tiered budget tracking database.

I have set-up a form with a combo box to select the budget project. I also have two subforms. The first subform contains a budget entry section (category, date, cost, etc). The second subform is a datasheet form. Currently I have both subforms linked to the master form by the projectID in order to filter out entries for other projects.

I want the subform to act as a split form (split forms don’t work as a subform) would in the sense that when you select a record, the other subform will show the data for that record. Currently this doesn’t work, because the forms are both linked to the main form using the ProjectID. If I linked the datasheet subform by the recordID it would only show one entry instead of all entries under that project budget.

I know I have done something like this before, but I can’t remember how. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Looks like someone is cross posting to another site and hit ctrl-v one time too many!

Have you a sample database to look at, I suspect it may be as simple as setting up criteria for the appropriate subform based on selections in the second subform.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.