DavidMcArthur is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Multiple addresses

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of guidance on my DB.

Heres the situation. We're a construction company so we deal with other main companies who have lots of construction sites. I want to create a database to pull all of that information together, and also to change it quicky so if Joe Blogs leaves Company A for company B / moves from Site A to Site B we can deal with that a lot better.

Heres what i want to do. I want to create a table with all Main Company details; Name, Address, Zip Code etc. then I want to have another table with all Construction Sites relating to that company; Site Name, Address, Zip Code PLUS What Main Company is on that site and Finally i want to create a table with all Clients that work for that Company and also have what site they are on; Joe Blogs (Plus all details like phone number etc.) is on Site A working for Company B.

I also want it to work if i need to see all Construction Site Company A have or who is working on Site B, for example.

I hope that all makes sense?

Anyway, ive been working away for a bit on the database and i can tie in all of these elements together. I want to be able, eventually, to start building quotes and linking other aspects of our company together but this is a good start.

Im just looking for a step in the right direction - ive probably been missing it and its so simple to do!!!

Regards,

David

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    what exactly is your question? Are you looking for database architecture suggestions? how you would go about it using forms? I'm not clear on exactly what you're asking in this post. There's nothing in it that's difficult in concept.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    David,
    I agree with rpeare--what exactly is your question? My suggestion based on your post is --get your requirement defined. That is, identify WHAT you are trying to do in business terms--plain, simple English. Don't get confused with How it might be done. These are distinct parts of the process.

It sounds like you are trying to track people(workers). What exactly is a Main Company?

Here is a draft model that may be of some help to you.(sorry for the typos )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CompaniesWorkersConstructionSites.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	25971
    Last edited by orange; 09-29-2016 at 04:38 PM. Reason: I saw spelling errors in the draft jpg

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.