Ooogaboga is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Query to update one field in a table

Hey folks so this is my problem

I am creating datebase that will be used moslty in form view. it for a education centre and they have a variety of booklets. Booklets dont realy have identification numbers and the teachers take the books out.

I need to be able to have a button that says sign out > select subject > Select year >select level >select amount >sign out (same case for sign in once stock comes) No i have made a form had everything come as a drop down menu so no problems there

My issue is how to i create this in a query form ? i literally need it to minus from the total amount of books so when another query that runs the stock count its easier for the person to order
    Things that i have tried
    Select Query- Did nothing for me whatsoever
    update query- i have attached what i tried but it doesn't seem to work it keeps updating one field

I know this isn't a hard thing to do i just cant seem to get my head around it im pretty sure im missing something somewhere

my goal is to be able to have them use the drop down boxes click on a button and it will just -1 from the respective inventory
    thanks in advance Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample 2.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	25936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attach.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	25937

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    My issue is how to i create this in a query form ? i literally need it to minus from the total amount of books so when another query that runs the stock count its easier for the person to order
    think you need to take a step back. You should not store the current stock, but your inventory should have a field to show different types of transactions e.g. opening stock, inventory in, inventory out - perhaps others such as stock adjustment

then when you want to know the current stock, just sum the quantity column - on your form this could be a dsum for your # of books control

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.