redbull is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Is there a way to determine if the user is opening the VBE? Like a VBE onload event?

Hello again,

Does the Visual Basic Editor have its own on load event? I'm coding in VBA but not using access . So I don't have the ability to make an mde or password protect the code. I've tried searching google but I'm not coming up with anything useful. Anyone have any thoughts?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Not sure what you're after. For me, the title suggests you want to know if anyone is attempting to view code, which I suppose you could trap with key press events. However, the post body doesn't support that assumption for me.
    You're coding in another MS Office program and need to password protect the code? AFAIK, any of those have that capability.
    You're coding in the editor for one of those programs, or just using a text editor and want the features of the editor?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

redbull is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I'm coding in a system Called Reflection, by attachmate. It's a terminal emulator that has its own visual basic editor. I'm still coding in VBA, I just have .... alot less out of the box abilities.

I am wondering, if like a form/sheet/workbook the Visual Basic Editor has its own onload event. I know you can meta program the VBE itself, so has anyone coded the VBE to know if its loaded or visible?

I think I found what I'm looking for.
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx
    Microsoft Visual Basic for Application Extensibility is what I needed, now I can make the VBE run code against itself in a way.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.