Darla is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

toggling a popup?

Hi everyone, I don't know if this can be done or not, or if I'm even thinking of the best way to do it.
    What we'd like to do is have a button or some other toggle that we can toggle on and when it's on when other users try to open the database, they get a dialogue box telling them to come back later or something? Just something that temporarily prevents them from opening the file?

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    I use a modified version of Kick-em-off: http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/acc...e/kickoff.html

I have a "SystemTable" that contains a "Kick-em-off" value in seconds. I also have a hidden form that is the first form to load that has a timer event that runs every 30 seconds or so and watches this value. This form also examines this value when the system first boots. I call it my HouseKeeping Form as it is also the last form to close when the user exits in any way other than a three finger salute. If the value is 0 then no action is take. A non zero value will start a countdown and make the form visible. When the countdown expires the system is closed. If the non zero value is encountered on boot up, the user is presented a "Sorry the system is busy..." message and again taken back to the operating system.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.