PicoTTS is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Ideas how to Format Database

Hi,

Currently I have a form that I use to enter invoice/order information. This form feeds information into 2 databases. Some info goes towards the customer information (Name, number, etc). The other database holds the item, quantities, etc. The two are linked by an invoice number.

Now I am being tasked to create a pick list for the guys in our warehouse. This report should pull the items from my second database and bring them onto the pick list report so our warehouse knows what items to grab. Right now, my picklist report just pulls all the items directly off the invoice so no additional data entry is needed after the invoice/order has been originally submitted. The only thing is that I sometimes may needs to generate 2 or 3 pick lists per invoice so multiple people can be working on the same order. And I'm not sure how to do it.

For example

Customer A wants 5 product X. I want to generate a report that tells warehouse guy 1 to grab 3 of them and warehouse guy 2 to grab the other 2.

As currently setup, I would need to split this and create 2 orders since i cannot create more than 1 picklist per invoice. 1 for 3 items and another for 2.

Any ideas about I should go about fixing this to reduce extra data entry?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    perhaps you need a field for the order to specify which warehouse - maybe at the row level, maybe at the column level, depends on what your order looks like

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.