JEEVAN34 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

How to combine the new MYSQL code with the existing Access sql code.

Hello friends, before saying anything I want you to know that my access and SQl knowledge is very poor..

I have an access query with following sql code..

SELECT ([PCs].[Title]) AS PC, IIf(Left([Technologies.Title],4)="comp","compounding","Fill/Pack") AS Tech, [Departments.Title] AS Department, [Lines.Title] AS [Line_Comp_Fill-Pack], Lines.Supplier, Lines.[Maximum line speed (pcs/min)], Lines.[Size (liter)], Lines.[Product containment], Lines.[Formats in place], Machines.Title AS Machines, Machines.[Speed (pcs/min)], Machines.Supplier, Machines.[Machine model], Machines.[Serial number], Machines.[Year of construction], Machines.[Power supply (V), (Hz)]
    FROM (((PCs INNER JOIN Technologies ON PCs.ID = Technologies.PC) INNER JOIN Departments ON Technologies.ID = Departments.Technology) INNER JOIN Lines ON Departments.ID = Lines.parentDepartment) INNER JOIN Machines ON Lines.ID = Machines.Line
    WHERE (((([PCs].[Title])) Not Like "zz*" And (([PCs].[Title])) Not Like "*Example*" And (([PCs].[Title])) Is Not Null) AND (([Departments.Title])<>"xxxx_Old"))
    ORDER BY ([PCs].[Title]), IIf(Left([Technologies.Title],4)="comp","compounding","Fill/Pack"), [Departments.Title], [Lines.Title];

Now, i want to add a new column(LINE) to this query with following MYSQL code...

SELECT
    a. [Line_Fill-Pack]
    , a.YourTableID
    , Nz(Count(b. [Line_Fill-Pack])) AS Number
    , IIf([Number]=1,"L","M") AS LINE

FROM YourQuery AS a LEFT JOIN YourQuery AS b ON a. [Line_Fill-Pack]= b. [Line_Fill-Pack]

WHERE (((a. YourTableID)>=[b].[ YourTableID]))

GROUP BY a. [Line_Fill-Pack], a. YourTableID;

But i couldn't figure out..how to bind both these codes..Please help me out!

Thanks in advance...

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    you need to clarify - are you saying you want to convert a existing MySQL query to an Access one? or is the query a passthrough query to MySQL? And what is 'yourquery'? Or is the MySQL code doing what you want and you want to know how to do it in Access? Probably better to explain in simple English what you want to achieve with some examples of the existing data and the result required.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.