nharing is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Your Network Access was Interrupted

Hello,

I have been having a constant problem with Microsoft access since we upgraded are laptops to Windows 10. The error we are seeing is "Your Network Access Was Interrupted" Please close access, and reopen. When we do that Access will start working again, however they are receiving this message multiple times per day. I tested opening the same access database on a Windows 7 machine for 2 weeks, and the message has never come up. Our current Access Database is located on a network drive however when this error does happen they don't lose connection to the network drive. I have been dealing with this problem for a couple months now, and I am at a loss for what can be done to resolve this. This appears to be a Windows 10 problem as the issue never happens on Windows 7. I have attached the error message. I hope somebody has ran into a similar problem, and can help me to a resolution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Access Database Error.jpg  

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    There are many posts on different forums that tell you Access does not like a wireless network, or any network with intermittent problems. This usually result in some degree of database corruption, and I have seen threads where blocks of data had been dropped.

I don't think your issue is specific to Windows 10 ---but it may be because of some setting. I don't see why the same network with same workload with the same database should be different.

Is your database properly split--Front end and back end - where a copy of the FE is on each user's PC and the BE is in a shared folder?

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    I would try looking at the properties of the adapter in the Device Manager and uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" feature.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.