ashukarmakar is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Link different form not sub-form

I have database which developed based on a big questionnaire. I had to create four table & form (BasicInfo, Section1, Section2 and Section3) to complete the data entry work. I have create command button to open the form like this- BasicInfo (button1)> Section1 (button2)> Section2 (button3)> and Section3 (button4)> BasicInfo. All four table is linked with the primary key "SampleID". When I enter data in SampleID (Questionnaire serial number), the value transfer to the Section1 form (as this is the identification key for all four table). Say, I have entered the questionnaire serial number 1, 2, 3, and more....

When I click the Button1 - form is opened the 'Section1' but the record number don't show based on last SampleID.

I have entered 4 questionnaire, but after some time I have identified one value I have entered wrong in questionnaire serial # 3. If I back the serial 3 and click button1 Section1 shows the new record. Not serial # 3 where I have made a wrong entry.

After 10 questionnaire entry complete - running serial # 11 two section entry complete and two section pending. This stage I have closed the database. How can I start data entry from serial 11 (record number) section2 (form) ?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Why are you breaking it into four sections at all? Would you end up with more than 255 fields? if not there's really no reason to separate a questionnaire this way and you could put all the questions on the same form, just use a tab control so when you click 'next' or 'previous' it goes to the appropriate tab on your form.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.